Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   targets biodegradable pristine clean detergent (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449093)

AZmommy 09-30-2012 11:11 PM

targets biodegradable pristine clean detergent

(up&up brand) so I mentioned in another thread that we were using this on our clothes and loving it but that it caused too many suds for the diapers and I was using small amounts of dreft for those..
Well like another mama her cautioned the small dreft (about 2 table spoons) for about 9-10 diapers worked well at first but after a while I needed to add more or the diapers didn't get cleaned. I did with success but then the rinsing battle came back into play...
Well I finially used of the tiny box of dreft I had (basically a sample box) I needed to wash diapers didn't want to go to the store so I decided what the heck I'll use the target stuff again and prepared my self for a evening of rinsing...
OMG I'm in LOVE.. my diaperrs are comming out soooooo clean I can honestly say even better than with tide and I NEVER thought I'd say that. I always run a cool prewash with 2 capfulls bleach then a long hot heavy duty cycle with detergent.. after the intial wash cycle with tide and others I can often still detect a faint bleach smell, I'll then reverse my AIOs and run a secnd cycle nothing and the bleach smell is gone after that... With this one the diapers are totaly 100% stain and scent free after the intial wash.. I still reverse and wash again I have a microfiber diaper stash so I think its important.
I haven't used this on diapers for a long time about 3 wash cycles (running 4th right now) now but even stored between Ive had ZERO ammonia smell an DD been rash free. As for the suds I get a bit in the intial wash but not a lot I'm thinking it was jsut resudial tide from our regular laundry that was causing the suds before.
I'm using right at the one ine right now I recently gained 6 more diapers I was using a little below it before but upped it just a bit when I added more diapers to my load..

I can't find any information online on this detergent. It is not their regular detergent I've tried that before it was jsut alright.. This was with the more enviroment friendly cleaning section of our target. The bottle jsut says up&up biodegradable laundry detergent pristine clean free and Clear. They also have it in lavender..

for standard or HE washers
Biodegrabable formula (breaks down safely in nature) and contains naturally derived cleaning ingredients
This means little to me its jsut what the bottle says..
ingredient: contains biodegradable anionic and/or nonionic sufacants,enzymes
again little to go by an I have no clue to its true greeness :mrgreen: but so far its been AMAZING!

mms1972 10-01-2012 07:30 AM

Awesome! I think I'm goung to try it out!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum

AZmommy 10-03-2012 11:05 PM

Re: targets biodegradable pristine clean detergent

I'm loving it more and more no more excessive suds but still totally clean diapers I even increased the amount to the 2 line when I added more diapers to my stash and still no excessive suds.. Every stain has come out.. No ammonia smell even sitting in the pail for up to 3 days night diapers comming our super clean and DD skin been super clear even after a few really messy diapers that I might not of caught in time we had not more than a touch of redness, a little powdr and a change latter she is perfect.. BEfore we;d have welts and bleeding rash..
Its not the cheepest detergent a bottle seems to be about a months supply for us using it on all laundry, and that runs about $6 but its been sooo worth it.

Deanna

RockinLou 10-03-2012 11:28 PM

surfacants are salts, not plant oils, in my experience the plant based detergents are terrible, but at good salt based detergent is the BEST choice if you want an environmentally friendly detergent to clean diapers with! That's important to me, personally, so I'm glad to here there is another option out there!

AZmommy 10-04-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinLou (Post 15767325)
surfacants are salts, not plant oils, in my experience the plant based detergents are terrible, but at good salt based detergent is the BEST choice if you want an environmentally friendly detergent to clean diapers with! That's important to me, personally, so I'm glad to here there is another option out there!

good to know and I totally agree on the plant based thing. I was kinda hessistent on using this at first because I wondered if they were trying to copy 7th generation which I HATE.. So I'm glad to hear the difference. I honestly think I'm going to snag a few spare bottles when I can.

some photos of the bottle our was located with the more "green" cleaning products like they also had method stuff Myers Dr Wakins and 7th generation stuff..

pictures of the bottle if it helps..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...100_1418-2.jpg

the front labeling
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...100_1419-3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...100_1420-1.jpg

the back with "dirrections"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...100_1421-2.jpg

I'm using to the 2 line maybe a little below for about 18 diapers and wipes.
still doing a bit of bleach in prewash but nothing else is added to my rountinue.

Deanna

supermansmomma 10-04-2012 12:27 AM

Thanks for the info:) I recently started using tide F&G on my dipes because it was on sale...not sure if I'm totally happy with it:( maybe I will try this:)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

AZmommy 10-04-2012 12:43 AM

I'm a long time Tide fan and supporter and will countinue to reccomend it... I so far like this better its cleaning as well if not even a little better I'm not having to run a thousand rinse cycles and my DD isn't reacting (which happens with tide if I dont rise SUPER well).

Deanna

fish3737 10-04-2012 12:48 AM

Deanna - do you know how many detergents I have bought because of your threads.

:giggle2:

BirthdayMama 10-04-2012 01:23 AM

Good to know. I've been on the hunt for a super hypoallergenic detergent that actually works for several months now. I've paused on Tide F&G for now. DD2 is ok with it even though DD1 is still having some issues. That's by far the best we've found so I'm using up the bottle to give my wallet a break for the constant detergent purchases.

AZmommy 10-04-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish3737 (Post 15767546)
Deanna - do you know how many detergents I have bought because of your threads.

:giggle2:

:giggle: Ive had many that have "worked" this is so far the first that hits everything
great on stains
super on odor
rinses well
keeps baby rash free

So umm yea give it a try :lostit: