Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Monday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449123)

~whitehologram~ 10-01-2012 04:38 AM

Basically it's Monday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 10-01-2012 04:46 AM

Re: Basically it's Monday

Good morning everyone.

I slept like crap.
Several Reasons why that happened.

1. Heiner still snores :banghead:
2. Heiner stole my side-sleeper pillow in the middle of the night :banghead: Hands off! That's mine!
3: Heiner still fidgets in bed :banghead:
4. The bed base is set up too hard and I don't weigh enough for that so it's curved which means I have to lie exactly in the middle of the mattress or I roll out of bed or I have the constant feeling of falling out of bed. I can fix that but I get the feeling it's going to be one of those things that takes a while to get just right.
5. I was too hot with the winter blankets, the winter sheets, long PJs, and my OBV blanket. It's not cold enough for that yet.
6. Heiner's alarm is set too loud. It woke Fynn and me.

~whitehologram~ 10-01-2012 05:00 AM

I changed things a bit this morning in the routine. It's going to take a while to get used to but I hope this makes my life a bit easier and Derry gets into less trouble for it.

I had the girls get up and go to the bathroom first. Gave them their meds there and then had them brush their teeth...Derry gets herself soaked every single morning since the weather changed and she's in long sleeves. She's not got as much control over her body in the mornings so I hope this will mean just wet PJs (that can dry during the day) and less washing.

Then to the bedroom to get dressed and then I made lunches and brushed their hair. I'm not sure if Derry did better today or not but she seemed ok. Mostly shock at the new method of getting ready, I'm sure.

I however forgot to fill my meds box yesterday and so they weren't ready for me to take when the alarm went off at 7am.....and I was already distracted because Fynn's birthday longies from last year had a hole in the knee......so I was looking for the yarn I'd used to make them......and then I saw the yarn basket was a mess and I had to rewind all the balls into nice pretty little cakes and put it all away again.

Finally I managed to get back on track at about 8:30am and take my meds....which didn't leave much time for me to get a wash and get ready for work myself. Thankfully they were working before I got to work.

Work was good. 3 pallets of stuff. Not too hard. I was pleased with how it went.

MIL asked me to pick up FIL some jeans (on sale this week at work...but I can buy early) and I saw the winter jackets for the kids so I got one for Shannon. Not Cami or Derry because they just got the ones from last year passed down. Cami's old jacket was put aside for a friend. Fynn desperately wants it but he can't it's just too girly for him to have despite it being black.

Then I stopped off and filled the tank (Brutus), stopped off in the village to get so Merci and some Mon Cheri for the nurses in the hospital NICU. Fynn's hearing test is in the same hospital he was born in and we're going to drop in and give them the chocolates...a bit late but I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted us to visit them when Fynn was sick.

Finally home and just trying to sit quietly while Fynn sleeps.

~whitehologram~ 10-01-2012 05:17 AM

Making myself a pumpkin spice cafe latte :yummy:

jwjbbrown 10-01-2012 05:19 AM

Morning all.

Janine hope you get the bed stuff solved.

I am up need to shower and have time to chill. Ran the dishwasher before bed and all that of left of the laundry is one load in the dryer.

I have breakfast duty today, covering for a teacher with a funeral. Monday breakfast duty is easy, the kids are hungry so it is usually quieter.

To day is my only normal day this week. I have the bookfair arriving tomorrow to be set up tomorrow afternoon. Then it runs through next Monday and because of space issues, I can't really have regular class and the bookfair in the library at the same time.

jacksmommy1 10-01-2012 05:56 AM

yeah i have to get stella a fall/winter jacket hers is too small.

ugh it is testing day. have to take stella to mil, go to physicians bldg for walkers blood draw then to the hissy for the ultrasound oh and then i am taking walker to work with me

cherylchoo 10-01-2012 06:24 AM

Morning mamas. :needcoffee: The kids are ready 45 minutes early. How the heck did that happen? :rofl:

Janine, DH and I went through the same thing when we bought our bed at IKEA. They have a great setup for queen size beds but the king size is trickier. We wound up returning the slats and getting two boxsprings. But they have different slats here now for the daybeds that don't curve, I'm sure we would have gone that route if it were available at the time. Of course you can also just buy boards for slats at the hardware store, but IDK how much that would cost for you. The price of lumber here has gone up significantly.

Ugh on the book fair Jen. It annoys me the teachers get the most bonus points for book sales in September, and that they have the book fair so early in the semester. For us, we get slammed with so many back to school costs, PTO dues, field trip fees, extracurricular fees, school pictures, etc that we really can't afford to spend on books that we can usually get at the library for free. I don't know why they can't do that at Christmas or something.

Kari, good luck on getting all that done and the tests! I'm sure it will be fine.

I'm very very tired today. IDK if I can work out. I should, but IDK if I have it in me.

~whitehologram~ 10-01-2012 06:50 AM

Oh I totally agree on the book fair and money at the start of school. I'd love to get more things but in September/Octomber it's just too much for us too.

Heiner's coming with to the hospital for Fynn's appointment. I'm not sure if he's going to be sedated for it so I wanted an extra pair of hands just in case. So I can watch him in the car on the way home.

Good luck on the appointment Kari! :hugs:

Ok, we're off.

cherylchoo 10-01-2012 07:12 AM

Good luck Janine!

DH asked me to update our home improvement list. :thud: So many tasks. Ugh.

I am going to try something new and work out AFTER Ian's swim lesson. If I am going to be made to sit under heater blasts for half an hour, it doesn't make sense to cut my workout short, shower, then sit and sweat. The only problem with this is that it makes lunch late for both of us. And that I might flake out after the swim lesson, LOL.

~whitehologram~ 10-01-2012 09:00 AM

We're home...The doctors are sure Fynn can hear.
They had to test his left ear three times but still it seems fine.