Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   carrying smaller with a 4th (or subsequent) baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449156)

Kiliki 10-01-2012 08:07 AM

carrying smaller with a 4th (or subsequent) baby?

I'm having our fourth in March 2013. I'm 17 wks tomorrow. In comparison with the other 3 kids I'm really REALLY tiny. I can still wear my regular shirts and I don't even look pregnant in the morning when I wake up.

With my other 3 kids I was GIGANTIC. By this point, I was wearing maternity everything, and even some size small maternity stuff didn't fit me....(I still have the same maternity clothes cause I've been storing them) Most of the maternity pants (sz small) are a tad big, and I don't need maternity shirts.

I do have pg symptoms, my fundal height is on track, and as of 10 wks, the baby was healthy (we did a dating u/s around that time and everything looked fine), but of course I am still worried.

Anybody carry smaller with a 4th (or more) baby?

Fishie Kisses 10-01-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki
I'm having our fourth in March 2013. I'm 17 wks tomorrow. In comparison with the other 3 kids I'm really REALLY tiny. I can still wear my regular shirts and I don't even look pregnant in the morning when I wake up.

With my other 3 kids I was GIGANTIC. By this point, I was wearing maternity everything, and even some size small maternity stuff didn't fit me....(I still have the same maternity clothes cause I've been storing them) Most of the maternity pants (sz small) are a tad big, and I don't need maternity shirts.

I do have pg symptoms, my fundal height is on track, and as of 10 wks, the baby was healthy (we did a dating u/s around that time and everything looked fine), but of course I am still worried.

Anybody carry smaller with a 4th (or more) baby?

With DS3 I was way smaller than the other 2. In normal clothes til about 23wks. He was also to the back so I didn't feel him move til about 21wks either

HeatherlovesCDs 10-01-2012 10:55 AM

Re: carrying smaller with a 4th (or subsequent) baby?

I have the opposite this pregnancy. I've always carried small. Even with 2 sets of twins, I constantly had people saying things like "where are you hiding the other baby." I did get bigger with each pregnancy, but that makes sense from a single to twins and then a second set of twins. But, I expected to be smaller with this pregnancy than I was with both sets of twins. I'm not! I'm huge!! I'm at least as big as I was with my first set, pretty sure I'm bigger. I have pics. It totally baffles me. How can I be bigger with one baby than with 2? :headscratch:

I think it's just the way I'm carrying. He is clearly ALL in front. I would think yours has something to do with how the baby is situated too. Enjoy it because it may not last. :giggle:

mmskids 10-02-2012 07:11 AM

Yes and it was my fourth also..I was sicker than heck with my fourth. M/S and then I ended up with kidney infection at week 17. By week 20, I was down 25+ lbs. I didn't start wearing maternity until week 30. I ended up gaining back and putting 10 lbs on by the time I delivered her. I delivered her at 36w6d and she weighed 7lbs 14ounces (average for me). No issues with her and she was perfectly healthy. She is my only very skinny kid now at age 9.

Only time I walked out of delivery weighing less than I did when I got pg. Hasn't repeated and we're expecting our 7th.

mommycass 10-02-2012 07:45 AM

I'm due with my fourth in Feb. I've gained maybe five pounds. Still wearing my normal shirts, though my belly seems to be popping now. I've noticed a couple shirts I tried over the weekend were getting short. I was like that(smaller actually) with my first. With my 2 girls I got a belly pretty early!

leyash 10-02-2012 10:13 AM

I was showing by 8ish weeks with my youngest two. With my first, I hid the pregnancy until I was almost 5 months. With this one, I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow, and no one would know I am pregnant if I didn't tell them. I think I've also been a lot more sick with this one than I was with the last two, so that might have something to do with it.

Mommy/4boys 10-02-2012 10:18 AM

I was tiny with my 4th too. I think I was so busy running around with the other boys and forgot to take care of myself and the baby. He was born at 34 weeks weigh 4 lbs 15 oz and now at 3 he is just 28 lbs.