Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 1 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449167)

TS8213 10-01-2012 07:28 AM

Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 1

Happy October, all!

QOTW: If you currently have children and you celebrate Halloween, what will they dress up as? If you do not celebrate Halloween, do you have any other fall traditions?

Sunshine915 10-01-2012 07:53 AM

We "celebrate" Halloween, meaning that we participate in it. I know trick or treating was a big deal to me when I was a kid, and I want my munchkins to enjoy it, too. We decorate a little (usually the day of) and my parents like to throw a party for the grandkids. We're the house that passes out handfuls of candy, too! I respect folks who don't do the Halloween thing because of what it represents. I just try not to be so scrupulous that my kids can't enjoy a traditional event.

Honestly, we enjoy fall traditions of apple picking, country fairs, leaf peeping, and all the good food waaaaay more. Food especially! C'mon, Thanksgiving is THE best fall holiday!

Sunshine915 10-01-2012 08:03 AM

And I never answered the dress up question--my girls are dressing up as black cats. They have the ears and tails, and I'll draw whiskers on their faces. Since it's a dark colored costume, I'll put glow necklaces and bracelets on them. We live in a condo community, so there's very little traffic and it's well lit, so that reduces the worry a lot. It also means they hit a BUNCH of homes in not much time :)

kushie tushie 10-01-2012 08:10 AM

QOTW: we are dressing as a pirate family. DH, DS and I are going to be pirates. DD is going to be a parrot! LOL I'll be making her costume. I really need to get cracking on it!!

AFM: I'm 17 weeks today and in the depths of headache/ migraine land. Its been like this for about two weeks and I see no end in sight. They last all day everyday. I'm waking up with them...ugh. I didnt have them this bad or this late with the others.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

joeslittlewoman 10-01-2012 08:21 AM

QOTW: My kids live in costumes, so it is still up on the air what they will wear. It changes several times a day, and my 3yo is always angling for more costumes. Most likely they will be a superhero, maybe scooby characters. I don't know if I'll dress up this year. I doubt we will go anywhere other than church and MAYBE a few houses on our street. Oh, and J hasn't stopped talking about going to the mall last year (brings it up several times a week still), so we will need to let them show off their costumes at the mall.

AFM: feeling more Human all the time. Found out last Thursday that we are having a third son (YAY!). that makes planning super easy. I did give away all 0-18m clothes and most baby gear, but we are set on a lot of stuff.

We had our first showing of our house yesterday! Praying for many more and/or an offer. We really want to be settled in to a new (to us) home by the holidays.

joeslittlewoman 10-01-2012 08:23 AM

Sorry you are having migraines, Amanda. :( ((HUGS))

twinpossible 10-01-2012 08:40 AM

Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie (Post 15753707)

AFM: I'm 17 weeks today and in the depths of headache/ migraine land. Its been like this for about two weeks and I see no end in sight. They last all day everyday. I'm waking up with them...ugh. I didnt have them this bad or this late with the others.

URG me too :yuck: my ms finally went away but left a nasty headache pattern. So far the ONLY thing that helps is a few sips of coke.

QOTW: If you currently have children and you celebrate Halloween, what will they dress up as? If you do not celebrate Halloween, do you have any other fall traditions?

We LOVE Halloween and have so much fun dressing up. My family is going to be a skeleton family. I will have a baby in my belly, hubby will have a burger and my girls will wear skeleton tops with tutus. ALL made by me! I will post pics when I am done.

Over here nothing could get me down, my sister is in labor and doing fantastic. I am SO excited to meet my new niece on Skype later today. I have to go to work now but I will be doing a happy dance all morning! Please pray for a safe and simple delivery, she pushed for over three hours with her son :/

cristancanoe 10-01-2012 09:07 AM

We go trick or treating here. DS wants to be a ghost, I still need to put things together for his costume. The community also does a halloween carnival. We will stop by there for a while as well.

AFM: I had surgery last tuesday to fix my broken patella and I am still in a lot of pain. The nausea has increased a lot this week. I am thinking it is worse because of the pain. Its getting old!!
Hanging out in bed is also getting old, I have no idea how mammas on bedrest cope!

samham 10-01-2012 09:30 AM

We celebrate Halloween. DH is going to all kinds of decorating and I will be taking little man trick or treating. We bought the green yo gabba gabba character last year. He doesn't watch the show but the costume is cute and perfect on him.

mollypeters 10-01-2012 09:40 AM

we're kinda blah about halloween here. my older boys only t or t at their friends houses, then they all just kinda hang out and skateboard or something.

i'm feeling pretty good now. all-day sickness is gone, and i had a nasty sinus infection that is going away. found out it's a boy (altho i hadn't intended to...), so now i guess i can start baby crafting...