Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What are your favorite Halloween Books and movies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449169)

monkeymama07 10-01-2012 07:33 AM

What are your favorite Halloween Books and movies

threestraycats 10-01-2012 08:10 AM

Re: What are your favorite Halloween Books and movies

My kids love Arthur's Halloween, Cranberry Halloween, Substitute Creacher, Little Witch's Big Night & Spooky Riddles by Marc Brown.

The Pooh Halloween movies are cute.

iris0110 10-01-2012 09:36 AM

My kids are older, 6 and 11, for movies we love the Halloween Town movies, all of them even though they are really goofy. We also like Hocus Pocus and I still love The Worst Witch (it is from the 80's and pretty corny but I loved it as a child). Tharen likes Word World Halloween and Clifford Halloween too. Of course we also love Garfield and The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

For books we have Little Critter, Arthur, Clifford, 5 Little Pumpkins (it is a baby book but we kept it), Pumpkin Heads, Cinderella Skeleton, Bernstein Bears, Jeoffrey's Halloween, The Big Pumpkin, ect. I have probably 20 Halloween picture books that we read through October. I collect them whenever I see them. The boys also enjoy The Magic Tree House Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve and I have a novel called Who Stole Halloween to try this year. Tharen's bedroom (now the boys' shared bedroom) is decorated in Halloween year round so Halloween is pretty big here.

monkeymama07 10-01-2012 09:50 AM

we have a dozen or so Im going to go to the used bookstore with Liam to "hunt" this week for more

we love halloween

Angel89411 10-01-2012 10:54 AM

DS1 is begging to watch Nightmare Before Christmas. We are big fans. Okay, I may be closer to obsessed.

monkeymama07 10-01-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel89411 (Post 15754547)
DS1 is begging to watch Nightmare Before Christmas. We are big fans. Okay, I may be closer to obsessed.

Liam has a Jack doll hes had since he was a baby he LOVES it and that movie

NYCVeg 10-01-2012 02:37 PM

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is dd's absolute favorite. We also have a book called "The Witch who was Afraid of Witches" that she likes.

danielle 10-01-2012 03:49 PM

Big Pumpkin, Erica Silverman

keysersoze 10-01-2012 05:08 PM

room on the broom, Julia donaldson
the little old lady who wasn't afraid of anything

waterisntsomething 10-01-2012 05:46 PM

I've always liked the halloween town movies....Ds is too young to watch, I just like them :blush: