Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   SAHParent/Homemaker weekly chat thread 10/1-10/6 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449193)

Dani_Phen 10-01-2012 08:28 AM

SAHParent/Homemaker weekly chat thread 10/1-10/6

Hey Momma's (and Dad's)!

This week, I am fall cleaning. Dh has Ds today at our home farm visiting grandma and pappy for the day. Iiiiiiiii.....on the other hand, am going shopping (for MYSELF!!! :lostit:) ALONE. I'm so just...excited. lol. I am also getting Ds some more clothes, getting some organizational items and going grocery shopping. When I get back, I am doing a total clean out and scrub down of the kitchen and living room (which shouldn't take long), then totally minimizing junk in the mudroom, bedrooms and bathroom (this should be my last round of minimizing...I've been doing it for months now and have just that last chunk of junk to get out of this house). The rest of the week will be baking and freezing meals for quick breakfasts and making healthy snacks. :)

myclanof6 10-01-2012 09:01 AM

Yay for you getting time alone!! I don't remember what that's like. :/ I'm going to finish folding the laundry that has piled up and scrub the kitchen down. I also need to work on our menu for the week and get my grocery list done so I can go shopping in the morning.
I've had to learn how to just try and get one thing done at a time with this pregnancy. I don't seem to have as much energy with #5 as I did with the others.

Autocorrect has helped me type this.

madebymommy 10-01-2012 09:07 AM

We are not having a good day today :( Despite the fact that I had a tubal 15 months ago, I got a few BFPs the other day. I told DH and while I was upset, he was excited and I was starting to come around... And then had some bad cramping and bleeding starting last night :( nobody even knows other than the two of us so it feels good to get it out, here. Very sad :( DH is trying to leave work to come home but with no luck, so I'm laying low and trying to wrangle the 1 and 2 year old from the couch.

lecialefty 10-01-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madebymommy
We are not having a good day today :( Despite the fact that I had a tubal 15 months ago, I got a few BFPs the other day. I told DH and while I was upset, he was excited and I was starting to come around... And then had some bad cramping and bleeding starting last night :( nobody even knows other than the two of us so it feels good to get it out, here. Very sad :( DH is trying to leave work to come home but with no luck, so I'm laying low and trying to wrangle the 1 and 2 year old from the couch.

:hugs: hope your day gets better.

We're still in survival mode, dh is still on 12s. We're on our third movie already and I've changed 6 diapers. Tips for pt a stubborn 2.5 year old?

jojoreta 10-01-2012 10:11 AM

Well Saturday was the due date. It came and went without a baby. M/w appt at 1:15. My hubbs is getting off at noon today so this will be like the second prenatal appt he's been to with this pregnancy.

Yesterday Reese lost her first tooth! It was so loose when she would wiggle it you could see a hole down by the gum line. She went to the bathroom and plucked it out all by herself! Oh and Friday night Reese and I went on a date to see Finding Nemo in 3D...it was awesome to spend some time with my little girl alone.

I was so swolen yesterday my legs felt like they were going to bust open so I had the genius idea to use flats and Snappi's to wrap my cankles in...it worked surprisingly well :giggle:

Other than that I don't have much planned for the week. Pretty much just waiting for baby to come.

**patiently waiting for baby #3 to arrive**

jojoreta 10-01-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

:hugs: when will you go to the doc? I'm sorry mama!!

**patiently waiting for baby #3 to arrive**

madebymommy 10-01-2012 10:17 AM

I'm going to give it a few days and see how everything goes, and if I get concerned or the MC isn't complete, then I will be seen. I called the OB today and they offered an US but I don't have insurance so that is our plan. I'm only about 7 weeks.

RainandRedemption 10-01-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry hun...... :hugs:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

RainandRedemption 10-01-2012 10:33 AM

Can I join? Wanted to last week but it got too big too fast for me to keep up ;)

I'm a homeschooling mama to my two (ds is 5 and dd is 3). This week I am going to be trying to be as frugal as possible, cooking from the pantry, going through to declutter and find fall clothes to sell on the online yard sale here. We are hopefully buying a van this week ( today? Tomorrow? Oh I hope so!!) and it will wipe out our savings.
I clean my moms twice a week, tues and fri, and we have a dentist appt on wed for the kids. So, that's pretty much my plan for the week!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

maddys_mama 10-01-2012 10:51 AM

Hello October! So excited for this month!

DH was promoted this morning! Dd and I got to put his new rank on. She was super cute and so afraid she would do it wrong. She almost put it on upside down lol!

Poor ds apparently got diarrhea while he was asleep last night and his butt is raw. He still has loose bowels and screams every time he pees. I'm trying to get coconut oil on it but he doesn't want me anywhere near him. And he refuses to be naked because he can't stop the diarrhea. Poor guy pooped in the tub and was so upset :(

We're having an Indian summer kind of day here. The normal year round temperature is 55-65 degrees. It's already 83 degrees and it's not quite 10am. Too bad the ocean is still ridiculously cold or we would go to the beach!