Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Does anyone have an amazing cake/cupcake recipe? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449263)

lilylove 10-01-2012 11:59 AM

Does anyone have an amazing cake/cupcake recipe?

I would love to make a cake or cupcakes for my daughters birthday this year. We usually buy one from this place that make to die for cakes but they are so expensive. I would love to make one for her but it's got to be really good. Anyone have a recipe they don't mind sharing? Thanks

danielle 10-02-2012 05:51 AM

I decided to just make a great high quality yellow cupcake and top it with chocolate ganache.

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/reci...Rj7I70e1NU7iUh

megenic 10-02-2012 05:56 AM

I am a cake maker by trade, so I have about a million delicious recipes! The all around most popular cupcake recipe is chocolate cheesecake with white chocolate buttercream frosting. I also have an amazing basic pound cake recipe that you can leave plain or turn into orange or lemon pound. It all depends on what you're looking for!

lilylove 10-02-2012 02:07 PM

Re: Does anyone have an amazing cake/cupcake recipe?

Oh boy the cheesecake with white chocolate buttercream sounds amazing. Do you mind sharing? I would love to have that recipe. I would love to have any cake and frosting recipe you can think of that is the best one in your mind. I'd love to impress my guests. Thanks so much if you can make the time to send it to me.

jkdustin 10-17-2012 11:27 AM

I love these:
Surprise Cupcakes (makes 24)

Cupcakes:
1 chocolate cake mix
1/3 C sugar
1 package (6 oz) semi sweet choc. Chips
1 package (8oz) cream cheese
1 egg
Icing:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 lb. (4 c.) powdered sugar, sifted
tsp. vanilla
Mix cake according to package directions. Fill paper baking cups in muffin tins 2/3 full. Cream the cheese with sugar, beat in egg. Stir in choc. Chips. Drop I rounded teaspoon cheese mixture into center of each cupcake. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
For Icing: Blend softened cream cheese with sifted powdered sugar. Add vanilla, beat to spreading consistency. Ice cooled cupcakes. Dot with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate, chilling 6 hrs before serving

NorwexMa 10-17-2012 01:38 PM

megenic, I would LOVE that cheesecake w/ buttercream recipe!!!

megenic 10-17-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorwexMa (Post 15824250)
megenic, I would LOVE that cheesecake w/ buttercream recipe!!!

I'll just share it here since I've had a couple of requests :goodvibes:

Cupcake batter

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups water
2/3 cup oil
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet. Mix until combined.

Filling

1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Blend with mixer until well mixed.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I'm in Canada so you'll have to convert :-) Fill cups 2/3 full. Spoon 1 tbsp filling in the center of each. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until done. DO NOT overcook!! I take them out right at 20 minutes and they're perfect. I like to put them in a sealed tupperware container when they're still warm and let them cool in there so they retain all their moisture.

For the frosting, I start with basic buttercream, then add the melted white chocolate.

Buttercream frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened (I always use real butter....so yummy!)
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups icing sugar

Cream butter, shortening, and vanilla. Gradually add icing sugar, plus enough water to give it a somewhat thick consistency. At this point you can add the white chocolate if you want - I usually use about a cup. You can tint this icing. I pipe it on with a pastry bag and a big star tip, but you could spread it :-) This recipe can be doubled easily...just double everythign and add a bit more water.

FYI...this buttercream is also amazing if you add cocoa instead of white chocolate. I use 3/4 cup for the double recipe and it's the perfect chocolate buttercream!

Hands&Fire Pottery 10-17-2012 08:02 PM

We make similar ones and call them black bottom cupcakes. They are my favorite. I never tried frosting them though- yum!

coffeemama 10-24-2012 12:17 PM

Mmmm that recipe looks yummy!
This website has awesome recipes!
http://sweetapolita.com/

leyash 10-24-2012 12:18 PM

I do red velvet with white chocolate chips, and dark chocolate chips in it. Then I add buttercream frosting on top, with chocolate shreds for a garnish.