Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Sometimes I feel... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449411)

strongwoman 10-01-2012 05:20 PM

Sometimes I feel...

Like a giant diaper with all the peeing that happens on me! Anyone else feeling this way? I think I have to revisit observing my DS3's behaviors before going pee-pee; really hard to catch it in time!

Mom2jandb 10-01-2012 09:52 PM

You are in good company! I've been peed on a lot in the last week because we've been "off" for whatever reason. I haven't done this much laundry in a while! It's a good thing I can just shrug it off. DH on the other hand... Remember to keep it low-stress, especially in these times :)

strongwoman 10-01-2012 11:39 PM

Re: Sometimes I feel...

Thanks, for the encouragement. I needed that reminder to not to get stressed out about reading all his poop and pee signals right all the time!

waterisntsomething 10-01-2012 11:57 PM

I kind of gave up b/c of that constant worry an I wish I hadn't! Now I don't catch any pees for the most part but catch most poops. I'm starting to get back into EC a little more but I so wish I had stuck with it the whole time. I totally agree with pp's that soemtimes the two fo you just wont be on the same wavelength.

Mom2jandb 10-02-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
I kind of gave up b/c of that constant worry an I wish I hadn't! Now I don't catch any pees for the most part but catch most poops. I'm starting to get back into EC a little more but I so wish I had stuck with it the whole time. I totally agree with pp's that soemtimes the two fo you just wont be on the same wavelength.

Hey, that is awesome that you catch most poops and are getting back into it. Potty poops are SO much more clean for LOs than diaper poops. Better for baby and less mess for mom. Good times all around! And your DS will know what the potty is for which puts you ahead of the game.

Mom2jandb 10-02-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongwoman
Thanks, for the encouragement. I needed that reminder to not to get stressed out about reading all his poop and pee signals right all the time!

Thanks for starting this thread! I've been really disappointed in myself the last week or so, but it helps to be reminded other mamas are in this boat with me. It will all come together sooner or later as long as we keep at it.

strongwoman 10-06-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2jandb (Post 15758879)
Thanks for starting this thread! I've been really disappointed in myself the last week or so, but it helps to be reminded other mamas are in this boat with me. It will all come together sooner or later as long as we keep at it.

Yup! Just got to keep trying! I also find that its helpful to hear other people's successes and failures, especially since there are no EC-ers in my area.

oldmomma 10-08-2012 01:25 PM

I feel like DH and I aren't even on the same wavelength when it comes to EC. My DS2 goes every time you put her on the potty but you have to actually put her on it every 30 minutes. We are working on the potty sign language. The other day I hear all this frustrated loud noise coming from the basement living room then the carpet cleaner going. Then a yell from DH, "I am putting her in a diaper. This is not working. The kid is peeing all over." Well, did you put her on the potty. So then I second guess myself about EC. She is so close, you know.

strongwoman 10-08-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmomma (Post 15785346)
I feel like DH and I aren't even on the same wavelength when it comes to EC. My DS2 goes every time you put her on the potty but you have to actually put her on it every 30 minutes. We are working on the potty sign language. The other day I hear all this frustrated loud noise coming from the basement living room then the carpet cleaner going. Then a yell from DH, "I am putting her in a diaper. This is not working. The kid is peeing all over." Well, did you put her on the potty. So then I second guess myself about EC. She is so close, you know.

I know how frustrating it can be with the hubster. Mine has slowly warmed up to it. I think once he catches a poop he might see the value in doing EC, especially when he sees me do less diaper laundry. Keep at it! Sounds like she is doing well despite the little set backs. I'm still just a newbie, but I get him on the potty as often as possible and I try not to get frustrated when he just looks at me and smiles without any pee or poop happening. And then two minutes later he goes pee when I have him on nakie time! Are there other EC-ers or CD-ers near you? Maybe you could get more support from other mamas who are nearby. Don't give up!

Mom2jandb 10-08-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmomma

No reason to second guess yourself! My DH sounds similar to yours. I wish he would get with the program. Got pee on your shorts? Quit whining to me and go change them. Set her on a prefold or take her to the potty next time. But even when we did diapers he would just wait for me to change them. If it wasn't for this great online community, I would feel alone in my EC journey!