Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Baby #2 and registry (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449491)

DecsMama 10-01-2012 07:16 PM

Baby #2 and registry

My sister-in-law is insisting on throwing a shower for baby #2. I prefer she not and don't think its necessary. We have everything we need besides a few things here and there. This is really important to her, so I am stuck doing a registry. Any suggestions for what I should register for that I may not be thinking of that are a must have for a second baby? All I can think of are replenishing shampoos, wipes, cotton swabs, etc.

My_Tree_Grows 10-01-2012 08:50 PM

Re: Baby #2 and registry

I would love a shower for this baby. Every child is special and deserves to be celebrated. :) DS is still using many of his items, we'll have 2 in diapers at the same time, plus there are things which each child needs to have for him/herself. We made a small registry JIC, items include: additional baby toothbrush, comb & brush set, stretchy wrap, D-Drops, flushable diaper liners, peppermint headache relief stick, travel booster seat, additional diaper boosters, teething tablets, organic teether, placemat, diaper organizer, toy and book bins.

Green Decals 10-01-2012 10:25 PM

I would suggest a "food shower" - where everyone brings you a frozen meal. Even if you have to go buy a freezer on Craigslist to store it, it is totally worth it! Or put right on the registry "restaurant and grocery gift cards would make a great gift!" and keep the baby stuff to a minimum. I also don't see a problem putting a car seat for your older child on there, or other down-the-road essentials.

tinyblackdot 10-01-2012 10:44 PM

I'm having a shower, but it's been 6 year since we had a baby, and don't have much of our stuff anymore. BUT if I did, you can register for nursing bras, bath stuff, books, a new baby carrier, baby hangers, snappies......

weesej 10-02-2012 07:27 AM

For my second everyone brought their favorite childhood book, with a message to the new baby in it. It was a special way to celebrate when I didn't have any real needs. For my third we had a party/ shower where people brought a frozen meal. At this point I really could use a shower again...so many things have worn out!

jackobeano 10-02-2012 09:09 AM

Yes replenish the needed items. What about burb cloths, pacifiers, double stroller, car seat if you'll be still using the larger sized one by the time baby needs it, socks (since these always seem to get lost), laundry hamper, hangers, diaper bag (just cause it's fun to get a new one), teething tablets, gripe water, laundry detergent, baby book, photo frames, photo albums, and a few new things just for this baby ;)

made4this 11-11-2012 10:28 PM

It may also be a good idea to check that there are no recalls on the equipment you already have;)

Steph Ed 11-11-2012 10:48 PM

I would suggest getting another swing. It seems like they never last and are always breaking down. Also, what about a double stroller? Surely there are some 'wants' you never got with the first one. They are always coming out with new stuff!

The Fancy Pansy 11-12-2012 10:53 AM

I've been surprised with this munchkin coming how many things I put away for later use are really worn out and need replaced after my first two kiddos. High chair, clothes, bibs, burp rags,...we got a different swing that goes side to side (we have reflux babies, so they hated the front/back swing), and a double stroller, since we will have a newbie, 2 1/2, and four year old who prefers to ride as well.

You can always register for diapers, too! Target carries some cd's online, as does Amazon.

Green Decals 11-12-2012 08:12 PM

If I could recommend a swing.... Fisher Price! I passed ours on through several friends, and on its 7th baby, the motor died. Even though it was well out of warranty, Fisher Price sent my friend (mom of baby #4 and #7) $50 towards a new swing. She picked one up used for $60, same swing but newer model. The replacement is now on its 3rd baby with 3 more in the lineup. I think they should re-name it the "workhorse cradle swing"!