Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   How early can you test for pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449512)

CaraJ 10-01-2012 08:18 PM

How early can you test for pregnancy?

Does anyone know how early you can take a pregnancy test and get a true result? I just stopped breastfeeding my 10 month old daughter last month and have been having periods every 60 days. I have PCOS and was anovulatory with my daughter (we used 1 cycle of clomid at 50mg). I have heard that breastfeeding and pregnancy help to regulate hormones, so I have been tracking my LH with OPKs out of curiosity. According to the kits, I did ovulate this month, but since my cycle is coming every 60 days will I have to wait another month to see if I'm pregnant?

Fishie Kisses 10-01-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaraJ
Does anyone know how early you can take a pregnancy test and get a true result? I just stopped breastfeeding my 10 month old daughter last month and have been having periods every 60 days. I have PCOS and was anovulatory with my daughter (we used 1 cycle of clomid at 50mg). I have heard that breastfeeding and pregnancy help to regulate hormones, so I have been tracking my LH with OPKs out of curiosity. According to the kits, I did ovulate this month, but since my cycle is coming every 60 days will I have to wait another month to see if I'm pregnant?

12-14days after you ovulated would be accurate

leviandgarettsmom 10-01-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaraJ

Keep in mind that you can still have an LH surge & a positive test result & not actually O.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

carlycurry 10-02-2012 05:57 AM

Re: How early can you test for pregnancy?

The earliest BFP I ever got was 9 dpo... but it's not uncommon to not see a real positive result until at least 12-14 days past O. :)

l_Kimmie_l 10-02-2012 08:18 AM

12-14 days after ovulation. With PCOS you can get false pos OPKs, just buyer beware. I have PCOS, too.

CaraJ 10-02-2012 02:06 PM

Hmm, I didn't know that Kimmie. Are there other methods that you used? I just want to see if I really NEED the clomid again.

l_Kimmie_l 10-02-2012 02:19 PM

I used temping to see if I 'o'ed. It showed a thermal shift the cycles I 'o'ed on. I had regular cycles but did not always throw an egg.

CaraJ 10-02-2012 02:46 PM

Okay, I'm going to try that too. I've been charting and testing everyday, and I do get negatives and then one positive on the day I ovulate (at least that's what happened when I got pregnant with my daughter). We'll see what happens this month, and maybe next month on to the charts. It would be easier if my period was back to normal. Due to just finishing breastfeeding, it's every 2 months. However, before we started trying to get pregnant with baby #1, I had NO period! Damn, PCOS!

l_Kimmie_l 10-02-2012 02:50 PM

Have you tried going on Metformin? Once I got on Metformin I no longer needed clomid and have been a perfect 28 day cycle ever since. It really fixed my PCOS and made it go away. I also can lose weight now, too. It is amazing what can happen. I had reoccuring loss though too and metformin stopped that from happening. I hate PCOS.