Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nursing and libido (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449517)

yogamama28 10-01-2012 08:30 PM

Nursing and libido

My dd is 8 mo old and still nursing... Is it possible that nursing her is causing me to have decreased libido?

mommabritt 10-01-2012 08:57 PM

Yes. Absolutely. :)

nursenmom 10-01-2012 09:10 PM

Re: Nursing and libido

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabritt (Post 15757406)
Yes. Absolutely. :)

:yeahthat:

yogamama28 10-02-2012 12:11 AM

So there's nothing that I can do besides wait?

Nickel+3 10-02-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamama28
So there's nothing that I can do besides wait?

Basically. I'm right there with ya.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-02-2012 01:38 AM

:yeahthat: sorry your dealing with it too, it happens to everyone nursing I think:hugs:

Bhavana 10-02-2012 04:18 AM

I weaned DS2 3mos ago...and I can tell you Im so relaxed while we are at it. When I was still nusrsing, DTD felt like a chore, it didnt even feel right since I felt like breasts were made to nurse little babies and sex was the farthest from it. DH understood that and didnt resent me for it. So we had it rather infrequently for 1.6yrs!

Also, I found that you just arent as well lubed down there...no amount of foreplay would help arousal. So, I 'helped' him often till I finished nursing. FWIW, AF appeared after I weaned -with both boys. Around 18mos each time. Maybe ovulation has a connection to feeling kinky?

yogamama28 10-02-2012 05:47 AM

Thanks. At least I'm not alone I guess. I stopped taking the mini pill and also using the estrogen cream that the dr had put me on to help scar tissue and pain DTD. I have almost no discomfort (huge improvement) since stopping both which is great but I'd love to start "wanting" to again. Oh well, at least my DH is a patient man.

l_Kimmie_l 10-02-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamama28 (Post 15757283)
My dd is 8 mo old and still nursing... Is it possible that nursing her is causing me to have decreased libido?

Yup - it is the progesterone and lack of estrogen. If you are lucky enough to get your cycles back while nursing, then you might at least be frisky sometimes. We have not DTD in the nearly 6 months DS4 has been here. I simply have no interest at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhavana (Post 15757918)
I weaned DS2 3mos ago...and I can tell you Im so relaxed while we are at it. When I was still nusrsing, DTD felt like a chore, it didnt even feel right since I felt like breasts were made to nurse little babies and sex was the farthest from it. DH understood that and didnt resent me for it. So we had it rather infrequently for 1.6yrs!

Also, I found that you just arent as well lubed down there...no amount of foreplay would help arousal. So, I 'helped' him often till I finished nursing. FWIW, AF appeared after I weaned -with both boys. Around 18mos each time. Maybe ovulation has a connection to feeling kinky?

Yes it does. Estrogen makes us want to DTD and makes us ovulate a mature egg. So when you are ready to 'o', you would want to DTD more than any other time.

SarahS12 10-02-2012 10:46 AM

My libido is dead and gone as well. It's awful!!