Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Irritated!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449520)

ArmyWifeBethany 10-01-2012 08:44 PM

Irritated!!

I am so beyond irritated right now. I gave a mama a fantastic deal on 14 brand new, prepped prefolds in exchange for 2 "EUC" BG 4.0s (with inserts) and $5 PayPal, only for her to turn around and sell them for a hefty profit. The BGs I received were definitely seconds quality: the inner fabric is not suedecloth, and the PUL is so sticky, it's impossible to stuff the pocket. Also, the inserts were so heavily used that you couldn't even make out "Bumgenius" on the tag. I'm out $10 in shipping costs for two crappy pockets. Lesson learned. Never trading again. Just had to vent. Grrrr!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

feelinfroggy2 10-01-2012 08:49 PM

Re: Irritated!!

sorry that happened to you. don't give up on trades though. did you contact the momma to try and let her know you are unhappy? Maybe you could work something out.

lincolnsmama 10-01-2012 08:49 PM

Eww, I'm irritated for you. You should be able to return them or something because they definitely weren't as described.

juliasmom 10-01-2012 08:56 PM

That sucks :( I would be annoyed too and maybe ask for a partial refund. I have almost stopped buying used because I was so sick of the condition crap shoot. Don't get me wrong, I have gotten some awesome deals in great transactions, but 10% of the time I am disappointed. I don't know...it makes me wonder if some people just haven't seen new so they don't realize how worn things are, especially wool?

UmmKira 10-01-2012 08:58 PM

Aww, can you contact the mama? I wish to do trades lately since I'm broke and hate to see people not wanting to do them because someone else messed it up. :(

sandhillcranes 10-01-2012 09:04 PM

Weird. What are the inners made of?

ArmyWifeBethany 10-01-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandhillcranes

Partial suede cloth, partial fleece! On the same diaper! So strange.

bigmamakelsey 10-01-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandhillcranes (Post 15757453)

That's what I'm wondering..if they're not suedcloth, I bet it's the limited edition fleece, and those are actually pretty rare and people might really be ISO of those. Sticky PUL doesn't necessarily mean they're in bad condition either..but ya, the inserts sound kind of iffy.
So I don't get it, what is she selling the prefolds for? Prefolds are heavy to ship..so she's probably just trying to re-coup funds, it's pretty impossible to make $ of off prefolds.

bigmamakelsey 10-01-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyWifeBethany (Post 15757470)
Partial suede cloth, partial fleece! On the same diaper! So strange.

:headscratch: Seriously? Can you post a pic?

ArmyWifeBethany 10-01-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey

:headscratch: Seriously? Can you post a pic?

Yes, I can in the AM. The insert flap piece is fleece, and the actual lining is suede cloth. And the PUL is shot. Leaked straight through.