Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Bucket seat for toddlers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449529)

Bentley'sMomma 10-01-2012 09:13 PM

Bucket seat for toddlers?

Is there a bucket seat out there for toddlers? Ds outgrew the height requirement of his keyfit 30 when he was about 14 months old and I miss it every day! He is rearfacing in a convertible seat but I'd love to be able to take him out of the car when he's napping without waking him. He's 23 months, 25 pounds, and slender and tall. Anything for this? TIA

luvsviola 10-01-2012 09:23 PM

Re: Bucket seat for toddlers?

Not really. :( The Cocorro has a stroller it clips into, but it is pretty small and doesn't have a handle.

jackyl08 10-01-2012 09:27 PM

Maybe the new Graco Click Connect 40?

jjordan 10-01-2012 09:27 PM

He *might* fit in the new Graco Snugride 40. If you can actually lift a 25 pound child and a car seat without waking said child... That is seriously impressive.

ETA: Just a little too slow! :)

Bentley'sMomma 10-01-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjordan (Post 15757540)
He *might* fit in the new Graco Snugride 40. If you can actually lift a 25 pound child and a car seat without waking said child... That is seriously impressive.

ETA: Just a little too slow! :)

I'll look into it. I'm not worried about the lifting. He was 23 lbs at 14 months (he just got taller) and I was carrying him in the keyfit up 2 flights of stairs twice a day for naptime. Now naptime is only once a day and he'll be on the passenger side instead of the middle (dd is in the middle) so that should make it easier too. I should really think about figuring out how to get two kids to go down for a nap at the same time besides driving them in the car though. By the time I get them both in the house, I'm exhausted. Also never buying a 3 story house ever again!

Bentley'sMomma 10-01-2012 09:56 PM

Wow! I wish I had one for the last 10 months. It goes up to 35 inches... I'll have to measure him in the morning. :)

brigala 10-02-2012 12:10 AM

You know... when my boys were little, we didn't have no stinkin' bases for infant buckets. I installed and uninstalled those suckers every time. So when they graduated to convertible car seats, I continued the trend of taking them out of the car, seat and all, when they were asleep and bringing them into the house.

As long as you get a fairly lightweight convertible, it can be done. A Cosco Scenera would probably work just fine. Or a Cosco Apt. I like the Apt a little better for most situations. My daughter is in a Radian and there's no freaking way I'm trying to lift a 30 lb toddler in a 15 lb car seat into the house... but if her seat were lighter I might.

Bentley'sMomma 10-02-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brigala (Post 15757848)
You know... when my boys were little, we didn't have no stinkin' bases for infant buckets. I installed and uninstalled those suckers every time. So when they graduated to convertible car seats, I continued the trend of taking them out of the car, seat and all, when they were asleep and bringing them into the house.

As long as you get a fairly lightweight convertible, it can be done. A Cosco Scenera would probably work just fine. Or a Cosco Apt. I like the Apt a little better for most situations. My daughter is in a Radian and there's no freaking way I'm trying to lift a 30 lb toddler in a 15 lb car seat into the house... but if her seat were lighter I might.

Ha! Right now he's in a britax boulavard so I'm definately not bringing that in. Lol. Good idea though, I'll look into it.

monica-m 10-02-2012 08:34 AM

I have moved DS around while he was sleeping in his Coccoro. I was pretty good at installing it with him asleep in the seat when he was smaller. Now you have to fold him in half to get him in it RF and his head is closer to the top than I am comfortable with.