Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introducing Solids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   What foods when? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449536)

shesaidwat 10-01-2012 09:59 PM

What foods when?

My daughter is 4 1/2 months. At 3 and 1/2 months she decided that I wasn't enough for her, so we were given the go ahead for cereal. She HATED it. But still wasn't satisfied. We finally gave in and started giving her formula, but also started letting her try bananas, apples, pears, prunes, and peaches. We did the whole "new food then wait 3 days before trying a new one to be sure of reactions etc" We barely even did one a week. The other day we gave her peas and she LOVED them. Now I know we started early (and her pedi wants her to wait till 6 months because "they won't have as bad of reactions or allergies") Well, I've done my research and my daughter was/is ready for solids. She watches us eat, and lunges with open mouth at our food. She can just about sit up on her own, holds her on head up just fine, is starting to try walking. (yeah, skipping the crawling phase. now our choice, hers. She LOVES standing and has started taking steps when holding onto our hands) Well, with the peas instead of her usual, let you stick it in my mouth and I'll eat it. She went NUTS. Biting at the spoon when we tried to scrape off the mess on her chin, and crying when we took to long to put more in her mouth.
My question is what schedule should we follow for introducing them? I was told fruits last but we did them first and she seems to have no problem with veggies. But I've also heard meats last... but I kinda want to give her meats now for protein.... What schedule are y'all using?

mrspnut82 10-08-2012 07:27 AM

Re: What foods when?

I do Baby Led Weaning starting at 6 months. I give them everything. The only thing Caleb didn't get right away was peanut butter but he's 8 months now and has had it already. He won't have honey for a while but everything else is on the menu. Anything we eat unless it's really spicy or I'm not eating something I should (unhealthy lol) then I'll just grab bits and pieces of stuff out of the fridge for him. Strips of raw veggies and fruits, left over dinner. He loves meat and has had it since right away. So basically no schedule, just dove right into everything. We don't have allergies so it has never been an issue.

abunchoflemons 10-08-2012 08:12 AM

Veggies, fruits & meats since harder to digest.

shesaidwat 10-13-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspnut82 (Post 15784012)
I do Baby Led Weaning starting at 6 months. I give them everything. The only thing Caleb didn't get right away was peanut butter but he's 8 months now and has had it already. He won't have honey for a while but everything else is on the menu. Anything we eat unless it's really spicy or I'm not eating something I should (unhealthy lol) then I'll just grab bits and pieces of stuff out of the fridge for him. Strips of raw veggies and fruits, left over dinner. He loves meat and has had it since right away. So basically no schedule, just dove right into everything. We don't have allergies so it has never been an issue.

How did you introduce meats? We tried beef/beef broth tonight and she HATED it. Should I mix it with her veggies that she likes?