Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Look what I woke up to at 5:30 a.m.!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449561)

Harmony96 10-02-2012 05:30 AM

Look what I woke up to at 5:30 a.m.!!!!

(And just in case you're wondering, 5:30 a.m. is by no means our normal wake-up time, and as you can hopefully see by the pictures, she had been up for about an hour or so before we found her).

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...002_053105.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...002_053124.jpg

In addition, the stepstool and her little laundry basket were in the doorway (apparently blocking me or DH from getting to her, now that she had her little feast all set up?).

I don't know what to do with her. I feed her good food throughout the day and then she wakes up and sneaks around at night and does this!!

She was hacking away at the honeydew with SCISSORS trying to get into it.

She had a little dish of sugar with chocolate chips in it. The dish had formerly contained toothpicks, which she just dumped out in the cabinet so she could use the dish.

The honey was in use somewhere, with the bottle down on the floor and dripping.

Multiple cookies were eaten.

The bag of croutons was being consumed.

The (unwashed) strawberries were taken out of the fridge and eaten.

We had a few of those "milk-flavoring straws" which she helped herself to.

Several pouches of fruit snacks were eaten.

Almost all of this stuff could not be reached by her without her standing on the stepstool, and while she was on the stepstool, she saw a sticker book on another shelf (that I had been saving to be a special treat someday), so she helped herself to that and was playing with it. DH had her throw it away.

I thought that the wee hours of the morning would be a reasonable time to get some sleep, but nope, guess DH and I each have to cut our sleep in half since DD can't even be trusted to SLEEP without getting into things she's not supposed to!

*sigh*

kbstanley3 10-02-2012 05:38 AM

Re: Look what I woke up to at 5:30 a.m.!!!!

Wow, how old is she?

DalesWidda 10-02-2012 05:39 AM

Oh my goodness! I laughed so hard I woke up my three year old! How old is she? Well, you have to give her credit for being resourceful. Can you put locks on the cabinets/fridge at night?

mcpforever 10-02-2012 05:59 AM

IIRC, she's 5/5.5?

She is extremely resourceful and persistent! My kids would be, "I can't reach it. Oh well." And go find something easier to get into. :giggle:

meeshkasheeba 10-02-2012 06:08 AM

Wow, she was rather busy this morning. I hope she had fun because that is going to take a while to pick up.

Mom2Connor 10-02-2012 07:08 AM

She'd be spending the day cleaning the house top to bottom in my house if I woke up to that. That's ridiculous! She'd be so tired by the end of cleaning day that she'd sleep through the night.

Fashionably Green Baby 10-02-2012 07:15 AM

Not gonna lie, I would probably put on of those little lay h locks (the one with the loop and a hook) on the outside of her door at night but I am paranoid that if they are up wandering the house they could get hurt or go outside. Luckily we have not had any wandering kids yet but if we do I would probably lock their door. We have a monitor in their room so I could hear if they needed to potty or something :giggle:

I would also have her do some serious cleaning

dancermommy1 10-02-2012 07:27 AM

:roflmbo::roflmbo::roflmbo:

I'm sorry, I guess I must be a horrible mom, but I just think this is hilarious and I'd have an awfully hard time getting angry at her. I find her assortment of food products to be quite interesting! Who wouldn't want a bowl of sugar and chocolate chips??

:giggle2:

And, while I know there's danger, I think it's quite ingenious that she grabbed some scissors to hack into the honeydew with...and I'm a little proud of her for choosing strawberries and honeydew to go along with the cookies :giggle:

Mama, I know it's a pain in the patootey and sure, she should help clean up the mess, but this is one of those things you know you'll look back on and look at the photos and laugh so hard when she is older and you're dealing with "big kid" problems instead of something trivial and funny like breaking into the pantry in the middle of the night.

I guess I think it's hilarious because it's totally something I would do :giggle2: and I admire the tenacity of children when they put their minds to something (even though it's frustrating as ****).

Done at 3 10-02-2012 07:33 AM

Wow! How funny, aggravating and scary all at once! I think I would get one of those little door alarms so at least you'd know when she was on the hunt. Good luck, she's a clever one ;)

mommieofpees 10-02-2012 07:57 AM

Have you tried leaving a few snacks on her night stand, that way if she wakes up for amidnight snack she doesn't have to leave her room