Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Good substitute for pre-natal?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449574)

3 ladybugs 10-02-2012 07:55 AM

Good substitute for pre-natal??

I ordered my pre-natal vitamin from Amazon over a week ago. Normally it would be here by now. In fact in the original estimate of when I would get it, I should have it by now. However I haven't received it and Amazon says it hasn't shipped yet but is shipping "soon" (got stuck in a glitch in their system). I am afraid to go out and get another prenatal as I had to clear this prenatal with 3 doctors to let me use it. I have one more vitamin then I am out. Odds are I will not get this prenatal on Thursday I am figuring (though I could be wrong, as I do live in NJ and things tend to come through here fast if they are anywhere east of the Mississippi) I will not get it by then.

What would you do? Go without? I am not going to be cycling till November (transfer of Nov.6 to November 13) so I am on an off cycle. I am even getting a PET scan on the 15 so I am REALLY on an off cycle.

If you wouldn't go without, what would you do?

Thank you for your help!

abunchoflemons 10-02-2012 08:49 AM

Re: Good substitute for pre-natal??

I have heard people use kids vitamins. Is there a reason u need special prenatals?

3 ladybugs 10-02-2012 09:27 AM

My oncologist didn't want me to have too much Vit. E. It can be hard on the heart and I already had chemo that could be hard on my heart. So she had to approve me for one that didn't have too much Vit. E. This was a compromise from having one with NO vitamin E which doesn't exist.

carlycurry 10-02-2012 09:53 AM

I'm not sure what other vitamins to recommend, but I definitely wanted to say hello and that I'm wishing you the very best. I, too, went through cancer (Hodgkins Lymphoma), and as a fellow survivor, just wanted to extend my well-wishes to you!! :hugs:

3 ladybugs 10-03-2012 07:17 AM

I took my son's vitamin today. He didn't like it, and honestly it didn't taste great to me (maybe it was the oatmeal before that didn't taste right with it??) but it worked. I still have my last prenatal.

I did hear from Amazon yesterday and they said that they have issued me a $5 credit for my next order because of the mix up. That was nice of them. However I didn't get a shipping notice yesterday. :banghead: I would have liked that better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlycurry (Post 15758659)
I'm not sure what other vitamins to recommend, but I definitely wanted to say hello and that I'm wishing you the very best. I, too, went through cancer (Hodgkins Lymphoma), and as a fellow survivor, just wanted to extend my well-wishes to you!! :hugs:

Thank you for the well wishes! Hopefully DH will have more reason to celebrate at the end of November then just Balders Gate coming out on the computer. :headscratch: