Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Really frustrated...why now?? *update* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449597)

HeatherlovesCDs 10-02-2012 08:10 AM

Really frustrated...why now?? *update*

I'm 38wks 1 day. Based on my history, I am not going to make it too much longer, but of course, I'm starting to doubt that. :giggle: Anyway, so just in the last couple of days, my 5 kids and I all are getting sick. Mostly we have colds, but my daughter woke up with a low grade fever today. My toddlers are miserable with snotty noses and can't sleep well. My 6 year old had it, but is over it assuming he didn't have something else. My other 4 year old (twin with the girl) is snotty too, but at least he is in a good mood. And of course, to top it off, I feel like poop too. I really hope the fever is not something different that is now going to be passed around. She already had mild cold symptoms that have gone away and she has none now. *sigh*

Seriously?? We haven't been sick in months. Why right now? :cry: First off, I don't want to go into labor with a cold. :banghead: Second, I really don't want to bring a newborn home to sick kids. :hairpull: And lastly, I don't want to expose my childcare for my OB appts (which I have 2 a week) or my labor to any germs, but I have no choice. I cannot cart 5 kids who are 6 and under to the OB with me and I am not having my husband do my childcare while I'm in labor. Oh and of course, there is also the fact that I'm 38wks pregnant, sick and taking care of a bunch of sick kids too. Wow, that's fun! NOT! :yuck:

What a huge bummer!!

UPDATE - Just thought I'd update. I did take my daughter to the urgent care. She came back negative on the rapid strep test. However, she is clinically presenting with strep and we've had false negative tests in the past. We have also had 2 false positives. (The rapids aren't all that accurate, which you learn if you get a lot of strep throat like we do. :() So, the dr. went ahead and prescribed antibiotics for her. I'm really not one to give antibiotics without a clear diagnosis and reason, but I just felt like right now, the benefits of going ahead and treating her outweigh the risks. Right now is just an awful time for the whole family, especially me, to get strep throat. Plus, I may end up induced on Thursday. I really don't need her still sick and having to go back or the other kids needing to go in. So, against my normal inclination, I got the meds and started her last night.

This morning, my 2 year olds are both coughing like crazy and the other 4 year old (the twin to my daughter) is coughing a lot too. My daughter still has a fever of over 100, but seems better than she was. My 6 year old is fine and I feel okay. We'll see how the day goes, but I'm really not happy about us all being sick and Thursday maybe being induction day. :banghead:

(Induction because my BP is going up pretty fast. :cry:)

paper_girl_76 10-02-2012 08:25 AM

Re: Really frustrated...why now??

:hugs: Hopefully this is the worst of it and tomorrow everyone will be better!

happysmileylady 10-02-2012 08:46 AM

Yep, we are hitting the SAME thing. My 3.5 yr old is covered in snot and every time she coughs, she starts gagging, so I know the puke is coming too. It's going around my entire extended family, so I knew it was just a matter of time. Plus, it's going to be chilly and dreary and damp and rainy all week so that's going to make it that much worse here.

brookglen 10-02-2012 09:11 AM

I got a cold right before I gave birth. I wonder if it's a sign you're about to go into labor.

HeatherlovesCDs 10-02-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happysmileylady (Post 15758620)
Yep, we are hitting the SAME thing. My 3.5 yr old is covered in snot and every time she coughs, she starts gagging, so I know the puke is coming too. It's going around my entire extended family, so I knew it was just a matter of time. Plus, it's going to be chilly and dreary and damp and rainy all week so that's going to make it that much worse here.

It's supposed to rain too. It's already been raining all day and it's nasty out. Of course, I have an OB appt and my 6 year old has an appt this afternoon too. Figures!

Sorry you guys are sick too. :(

You and I are like 2 peas in a pod. It's like we are living parallel lives with this pregnancy. :giggle2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookglen (Post 15758738)
I got a cold right before I gave birth. I wonder if it's a sign you're about to go into labor.

I seriously hope so! I'd rather give birth with a cold than stay pregnant. :waiting:

Nerissa 10-02-2012 11:39 AM

Sorry you are sick. I had a cold right before I gave birth. amazingly it was gone by the time DD was born and brought home.

Oh and I was totally not expecting to go to 39 weeks. DS1 was born at 35.4 weeks and DS2 was born at 37 weeks. By 39 weeks I was more than done.

HeatherlovesCDs 10-02-2012 02:55 PM

Well, my DD has gotten sicker and sicker as the day has gone on. I'm going to take her to the urgent care tonight to make sure she doesn't have strep. Unfortunately, we have a very strong history of recurrent strep throat. I REALLY hope she doesn't have it. :pray: Every time one gets, they all get it and I almost always do too. I truly don't want to be on antibiotics right now because I'm very prone to yeast, even on my nips. I don't want to battle yeast again with this baby and not right from the start. :cry: This just totally stinks!!!!

Van1300 10-02-2012 03:24 PM

I'm so sorry you guys are so sick! I just went through strep and bronchitis with my DD, she gave it to me and I ended up with Pneumonia! I am 32 weeks pregnant and I was on 2 weeks of antibiotics to get rid of it. I hope you get your kids feeling better so you can take care of yourself and get ready for labor!

QTKT 10-02-2012 03:59 PM

Sorry! I hope everyone starts recovering before baby arrives! Hang in there! Make everyone rest as much as possible!

HeatherlovesCDs 10-03-2012 06:48 AM

Re: Really frustrated...why now?? *update*

Updated for anyone who wants to know.

Kim - How is your family?