Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Carrier for toddler back carry? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449614)

Beth. 10-02-2012 09:51 AM

Carrier for toddler back carry?

What carrier do you recommend for a toddler - 2.5 years old, 34 pounds - for a back carry? We are going to Disney and I think a carrier is the way to go through the airport and for a break from the stroller in the parks. I am on the shorter side, if that makes a difference. Thank you!!

twood80 10-02-2012 10:01 AM

Re: Carrier for toddler back carry?

If you didn't want to use a stroller at all, and you needed some space for diapers, snacks, etc, I can spend hours carrying LO in a structured frame backpack without any discomfort. Deuter, Kelty, and Osprey all make ones that REI carries.

I'm not sure how well they do for carry-on luggage at the airport though.

babycat42 10-02-2012 10:02 AM

I love my Toddler Action Baby Carrier.

Beth. 10-02-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twood80 (Post 15758692)
If you didn't want to use a stroller at all, and you needed some space for diapers, snacks, etc, I can spend hours carrying LO in a structured frame backpack without any discomfort. Deuter, Kelty, and Osprey all make ones that REI carries.

I'm not sure how well they do for carry-on luggage at the airport though.

We will be taking a stroller too, so I am looking for something that can stash in the basket of our Maclaren when kiddo is in the stroller. She's a runner, so she needs to be contained whenever possible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by babycat42 (Post 15758703)
I love my Toddler Action Baby Carrier.

Thanks! Checking it out now.

QTKT 10-02-2012 04:51 PM

I have an Ergo baby carrier, but I've heard from people who have both that they prefer the Boba. It has little straps for the toddler's feet to rest in that the Ergo doesn't have. I hear the Boba is soft but supportive. Good luck! Have fun!

Happy Mommax4 10-02-2012 05:36 PM

I love my kinder pack!

My sons 35lbs and about 36 inches

Beth. 10-02-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Mommax4 (Post 15760875)
I love my kinder pack!

My sons 35lbs and about 36 inches

Cute!

Do you have the toddler size? My DD is about the same size as your son.

Happy Mommax4 10-02-2012 07:31 PM

Yes we did toddler/standard, we went from an ergo to it and I'm so glad. It's a lot more comfy for both of us

Leiiki 10-02-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth.
What carrier do you recommend for a toddler - 2.5 years old, 34 pounds - for a back carry? We are going to Disney and I think a carrier is the way to go through the airport and for a break from the stroller in the parks. I am on the shorter side, if that makes a difference. Thank you!!

Definitely a Toddler Kinderpack. It is just miles away better than the Ergo at that age. You can email her to see whether a Petite or a Standard would be better for your body type. I have the Plus and it is almost too big for me on the smallest setting (I'm 6' and size 16ish). I'm guessing the Standard runs on the large side.

lynn97 10-02-2012 11:04 PM

I have an Ergo Sport and a Boba 3G. I adore my Boba and would highly recommend it! I am 5'2" and 120 lbs and my DS is 32" tall and 22 lbs at 15 months. It will easily store in the stroller basket.