Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tossed 2 FB today... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449619)

thirdtimemomma 10-02-2012 09:01 AM

Tossed 2 FB today...

Ug! Luckily I bought them used! The laminate just wasn't holding up to my wash routine.. anyway, I'm concerned that my only option for Large sized dipes for my almost 2yo (30lbs and short, lol) are gonna be prefolds! Bummer. I was enjoying my pockets and AIOs..:/ anyone have any ideas of pockets that will stand up to a harsh wash routine? I'm concerned that BB/SB won't cut it and that's the only brand I'm familiar with.

Vicki- Wife to my Pastor Hubby 13 years, HS Mama to my 7 blessings ages 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 and baby 5/29/12.

babycat42 10-02-2012 09:09 AM

Re: Tossed 2 FB today...

What is you wash routine?

fluffycheeks 10-02-2012 09:21 AM

FYI, fuzzibunz now has a lifetime warranty on their diapers, so if you were to buy some new ones and they had a problem, they will replace them.

sandhillcranes 10-02-2012 09:25 AM

When ds outgrew all of his OS pockets we used knickernappies large pockets. I liked the fit of them and you can actually put them on super loose for potty training. Only thing i hated about them: reselling them. I lost so much. No idea why they arent popular

thirdtimemomma 10-02-2012 09:26 AM

I doubt it because I use sanitary cycle and the dryer. The cruddy new type of laminate just can't take it. No, I won't consider changing my routine. My routine works consistently. My rule is that if a diaper can't handle my routine it doesn't belong in my stash. Lol.

I wish there were a way to predict the quality of FB. Some that I have are great and hold up well. Some are not and fall apart. So I don't want to order more..

Now Moms that use a harsher routine what dipes make it in your stash?

Vicki- Wife to my Pastor Hubby 13 years, HS Mama to my 7 blessings ages 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 and baby 5/29/12.

Mokzie 10-02-2012 09:27 AM

I have 2 FB, haven't used them much but I did find that drying them in the dryer doesn't do too well... So, I usually put them on hangers and sun them inside in the windows. Sorry you lost two! I did see the new ones have AWESOME warranties too as said before.. Have you tried making your own for her? There are awesome patterns, just increase the size or maybe try and make a pattern for larger slide up trainers? Good luck Momma!

thirdtimemomma 10-02-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandhillcranes
When ds outgrew all of his OS pockets we used knickernappies large pockets. I liked the fit of them and you can actually put them on super loose for potty training. Only thing i hated about them: reselling them. I lost so much. No idea why they arent popular

Hmm.. I was looking at that company... Can they take the sanitary cycle? I mean will hey fall apart on me.

kelly679 10-02-2012 09:51 AM

Have you considered switching your almost 2 year old to trainers? Some kids are ready, some not. But they come in bigger sizes. Nana bums are quite large. Cant help on the sanitary cycle, mine doesnt have that.

sandhillcranes 10-02-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma (Post 15758803)
Hmm.. I was looking at that company... Can they take the sanitary cycle? I mean will hey fall apart on me.

I dont have a sanity cycle but I washed on hot and dried on high and never had an issue. :goodvibes:Let me see if i still have one in the closet so i could send u a comparison pic

sandhillcranes 10-02-2012 10:04 AM

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...3e4585cd92.jpg

Ok. The large knickernappies is in the bottom/middle, its green.

From top:
Econobum, thirsties duo cover sz2
From bottom:
Red large bottombumpers
Green knickernappies
Mirror flip

As u can see, the knickernappies is a very large diaper.