Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How long did it take you (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14497)

jennyofthemoon 06-15-2006 04:36 AM

How long did it take you

to get pregnant, after you first one? I had Abby, got preggo with pre-af ov, same with conceiving Lena after having Jude. I went from Sept 98-May of 05 with no af :lostit: Everytime I ovulated, I made a baby. THIS time, it's just not happenning. We have been working on it since last May, with a break from September to December of 05, but basically it's been a year. I did have a miscarriage about a month and half ago at 5 weeks but the growing a baby thing isn't workign so well for us this time. Anyone else have this experience?

I mean, I am NOT diligent about charting, but I know my body and we dtd enough that we're hitting the right times, but still, over a year?? I'm statring to get very discouraged....I REALLY want one more, but I am not crazy about that "straggler" kid who is born decades after the rest, kwim? (Okay, well Lena's only 3 1/2, but still....the others are 21 months apart each) So frustrated...

Psychomom 06-15-2006 04:40 AM

Re: How long did it take you

Well, after my first baby, we were preventing pregnancy, but we had one oops and I got pregnant. I ended up miscarrying, and after that we were trying, but couldn't get pregnant right away. It took a year after that to finally get pregnant. I did carry that third pregnancy to term, and the next to pregnancies happened immediately when we tried.

SarieQ 06-15-2006 07:30 AM

Ehh, three months! AF came back exactly thirty days after I gave birth.

Shannon 06-15-2006 08:45 AM

It took us 6 months after gettng off BC to get pregnant with #1. It took 7 months after getting off BC to get pregnant with #2. With #3 I never took BC and we got pregnant the month after AF returned...the first month we tried:D

I'm pretty sure I take after my mom and tend to be a very fertile lady.

AmandaSue22 06-15-2006 10:02 AM

Im not a big help, I am fertile mertile LOL I havent had o try over a month two concieve. My hubby says he looked at me and got me pregnant lol

Radish4ever 06-15-2006 10:26 AM

Well we stopped using protection when Grace was around 7 months old........... and I had my first PPAF when she was 11 months and got pregnant directly following!

GrowingUpMad 06-15-2006 10:39 AM

It took 7 1/2 long years between #1 and #2. We weren't trying/weren't preventing for most of it. We tried for a while and then medical problems occured and we were told that no more babies wold be coming from me. We accepted that (after get 3 more opinions) and went on with our lives. Imagine our surprise when I found out I was preggers with #2.

Pregnancy #2 was horrid so we vowed not to have anymore for safety of the babies. When dd was 2 I changed my mind and got off bc. I waited for my periods to become regular and then actively spent the next 11 months TTC. Baby #3 is expected to arrive on dd's 4th birthday.

Blackbirdlane 06-15-2006 10:57 AM

My first three pregnancies happened fast, without even trying (two were miscarriages), but then my fourth pregnancy took us almost a year. I tried charting, OPKs everything and it didn't happen until I told myself to stop worrying abou it and it will happen when it happens. I got preggo my next cycle with dd.

Also I know I do not ovulate every month. I only have one ovary and after charting I know I don't ovulate every month and it is pretty sporatic for me. I have no idea how I got preggo so easy the first three times.

good luck mama and try to relax. It will all work out :hugs: