Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tide leaving suds? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449707)

PenguinM 10-02-2012 01:52 PM

Tide leaving suds?

Sorry for ANOTHER laundry question, but I am still such a newbie!

I recently switched to regular Tide (he powder) from Allen's. Now here is my problem: I am on my third rinse-only cycle (LG Front loader) and there are still some suds in the water! It's not a lot, but definitely noticeable.

I did a warm/cold rinse, no spin. Hot/cold wash with Tide powder just under line 1, and now warm/cold rinses, high spin. All of these are with the water plus option which puts in enough water to not quite cover the top of the load (10 dipes).

Is it normal to have a little bit of suds, or should I keep rinsing and use less detergent next time?

Thank you for your expertise! I am becoming a complete DS forum addict already :)

AZmommy 10-02-2012 01:59 PM

Re: Tide leaving suds?

tide suds like crazy for me I do find I need to risne till "clear" a bit off aggitation bubbles ect not an issue but the water needs to be clear or my LO gets rashy fast.

Deanna

McDMom 10-02-2012 02:51 PM

I have a little suds from my Cheer powder after my second final rinse. I call it good. I am not willing to have any more rinses. I've never had irritation issues from it.

chickapin 10-02-2012 10:00 PM

I just was going to ask the same thing! I used F&G Tide to line 1 as I heard so many people do, and I had suds left after 2 extra rinses (3 total). This was with an XL load. I guess I'll cut back on the amount of Tide for a bit and see if they're still getting clean.

Skybaby712 10-03-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickapin
I just was going to ask the same thing! I used F&G Tide to line 1 as I heard so many people do, and I had suds left after 2 extra rinses (3 total). This was with an XL load. I guess I'll cut back on the amount of Tide for a bit and see if they're still getting clean.

I could never ever get Tide f&g to rinse clear, no matter how many rinses, and even when I cut down to only 2 tblsp. I'm using original Tide (ultra) powder and it rinses waaaay better.

I would definitely rinse until clear because that will lead to detergent buildup, which leads to rashes and/or ammonia. I just got through going through this :( I've heard of people putting vinegar in the rinse to help, but I've never tried it. Try using a little less detergent or switching to something else.

AmandaA 10-03-2012 05:48 AM

When I first started using Tide (F&G HE liquid) in my LG FL'er the suds were crazy! I started to line one and eventually had to cut back to half of that. We also have very soft water, so I think that is the biggest reason. You might need to take that into consideration. My main wash is using the stain cycle with an extra rinse added. After that is done, I run rinse and spin twice (lets me program an extra rinse to that option so it is just one cycle) and get the suds clear despite having massive suds in my actual wash. Hope that helps.