Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Update on hcg (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449729)

txmommytobe 10-02-2012 01:48 PM

Update on hcg

So my hcg today was 2000 something. Not sure if that is good or bad. I am just at 5 weeks. Tomorrow I have an ultrasound at 9 am. Thanks for all the prayers

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

leyash 10-02-2012 02:00 PM

Re: Update on hcg

Hope everything goes well! Waiting is the worst, speaking from experience. Let us know what you find out!

leyash 10-02-2012 02:01 PM

Are you still having pain and stuff? What kind of pain is it?

The reason I'm asking, is because I had some pretty bad pain in the beginning. A couple of times, it would take my breath away. I was REALLY worried about ectopic... but last weeks ultrasound showed a great growing little bean with a heartbeat!

The pains are growing pains, as well as the cramping. They come and go, vary in intensity, and can be on the right side, left side, or in my uterus.

ChloeNAydensmom 10-02-2012 05:49 PM

what was your first set of numbers and how many days ago was it? Numbers generally double every 2-3 days. Like My first one was 384 my next was 3102 a week later

ChloeNAydensmom 10-02-2012 05:57 PM

Do you know how many days past ovulation you are? I'm assuming like 21? (if you're 5 weeks, that is about 3 weeks past ovulation seeing how you're considered 2 weeks AT ovulation. The average HCG for 21 days past ovulation is about 1255

txmommytobe 10-02-2012 06:34 PM

Yes I think the cramping is normal but the pain is a shooting pain and very uncomfortable. They are checking to see if I have a cyst or if it is something more serious. iMy last cycle was August 31. This was my first hcg check. I lost a twin in 2 of my pregnancies so they just want to see what is going on. I don't remember ever having had this much pain but it is all really new to me because my baby is 7 and I don't remember much!! Thanks for all the support. Oh and I am posting in may because I will deliver in may due to repeat c-section :)

txmommytobe 10-02-2012 06:37 PM

I guess I should add they put me at 5 weeks my calculator says 4 weeks 5 days. I tested positive really early at 7-8 days post ovulation :) .

leyash 10-02-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmommytobe (Post 15761295)
Yes I think the cramping is normal but the pain is a shooting pain and very uncomfortable. They are checking to see if I have a cyst or if it is something more serious. iMy last cycle was August 31. This was my first hcg check. I lost a twin in 2 of my pregnancies so they just want to see what is going on. I don't remember ever having had this much pain but it is all really new to me because my baby is 7 and I don't remember much!! Thanks for all the support. Oh and I am posting in may because I will deliver in may due to repeat c-section :)

I had shooting pain in the beginning of my pregnancy, around 5-7 weeks. It went from around my bellybutton, down to my hip... around the right side. It felt like it was in the area of the right ovary. It had me REALLY scared about an ectopic. Even now, I have shooting pains from my hip, into the inside of my vagina. It's pretty uncomfortable, but it's all been determined as normal pregnancy pains.

txmommytobe 10-03-2012 08:56 AM

Well I have no answers. They couldn't see anything but they think there is fluid in my right tube/ovary which could mean ectopic :( so Friday morning I have a repeat hcg and then if my numbers have at least doubled another ultrasound. If they go down then it means bad news:( and of course my hubby is out of town. Trying to stay positive

leyash 10-03-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmommytobe (Post 15763388)
Well I have no answers. They couldn't see anything but they think there is fluid in my right tube/ovary which could mean ectopic :( so Friday morning I have a repeat hcg and then if my numbers have at least doubled another ultrasound. If they go down then it means bad news:( and of course my hubby is out of town. Trying to stay positive

Oh, mama. :( If it makes you feel any better, free fluid (anywhere in the abdomen) is typically ALWAYS noted on an early ultrasound even in REGULAR pregnancies. I know it's hard, just trying to help you think positive. With my last pregnancy, I had free fluid around my left ovary (because that's the one I ovulated from). It ended up being the corpus leutum (they figured out later on).

I hope you get some news on Friday. Keep us updated!