Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trend Lab cloth diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449809)

Sarai* 10-02-2012 05:07 PM

Trend Lab cloth diapers

So getting tired of mail ordering diapers, and Cotton Babies is expensive, and a 40 minute trip, one way.

A locally owned business (consignment store) has started selling new Trend Lab Cloth Diapers. It would be nice to support a local business, especially this one, as the lady is extremely generous with her unsold, in giving stuff away to local foster parents, etc. I bought several with the liners; as the mamas seems to really like AI2's. The problem that I have been having is that sometimes will get a mama who will use Sunbaby's as AI2's, which means there is microfiber right up next to the baby's skin, even when I explain why not to. When I have fleece liners, I do give those. I think they like not having to stuff pockets, and they will frequently just change the insert not the whole diaper if it is just a little wet.

I liked these, because the insert was topped with fleece. Has anyone tried them, and know how they work? The threads from over a year ago where critical because I guess at the time they were not topped with fleece, and there was the same concern I have with Sunbaby's used as AI2's. As this is no longer a problem, does anyone know how they actually WORK? The instructions said multiple preps, which sounds odd for microfiber. Is the one insert enough? It looks thicker than a regular insert, but not as thick as two. When you try to fit two, it is super bulky. Also, although it is a one size, no good information on the actual practical weight range.

Anyone actually use this diaper? I'd appreciate information. I am not interested in drama with the manufacturer, only function, I can't afford to be offended. :goodvibes:

The inserts looks like they could be used as newborn almost fitteds with a cover, which would be cool, cause I don't yet have an economic newborn solution. But the way the are contoured (and have leg elastic) looks like a cover would hold them in place well, kind of like to try that, too.

cassie.sattler 10-02-2012 05:55 PM

Re: Trend Lab cloth diapers

i have four boy inserts but not the shell. personally i go through phases. i like them because they are contoured and absorb quite a bit. i dont like them because they fit funny on their own as the fleece doesnt cover all around baby. i like using them as a liner for nights after putting a pf on because of the mf outter.

i never preped mine and they are fine. i think there were alot of moms that where mad about the original design and they are located in china i believe.

if you already have some pockets i would say go for it but if you dont have pockets dont even bother.

kimmers87 11-19-2012 08:43 PM

Re: Trend Lab cloth diapers

I use only Trend lab, love them! I have been using them since my daughter was a week old she was born 7lbs 14oz. Shes 2 months now and 10lbs and i still snap them as small as they go.