Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   What do you miss... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449843)

crystaldawn_23 10-02-2012 07:54 PM

What do you miss...

that you may have given up in the name of being thrifty and/or staying on budget?

There was a post a while ago about what don't you miss... and there were tons of ppl that said like cable or sposies or vacations or eating out etc.

I'm curious what you DO miss.

For us right now I really miss our housekeeper lol. She used to come twice a month which was awesome because it made us stay on top of keeping the clutter picked up. I gave her up months ago and really there is no way to add her back into our budget. I wish she liked us more and wanted to clean for free lol...

I also miss my pedicures. I used to get one like once a month in the summer months. This summer I decided I could paint my own nails and it's no where near as fun. Although I will say that it was worth buying great nail polish and supplies because for the cost of one pedi I've done my nails all summer with lots to spare.

Nickel+3 10-02-2012 08:10 PM

I miss ... I don't know. My desires have totally changed. Maybe I miss eating out without feeling guilty?

Cajunteacher 10-02-2012 08:22 PM

Re: What do you miss...

Starbucks!

Antebellum 10-02-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajunteacher (Post 15761756)
Starbucks!

This! Oh, but I must say I caved today and got a salted caramel latte:blush:

Hands&Fire Pottery 10-02-2012 08:30 PM

Eating out at places other than pizza/sandwich type places with a coupon

Never had it but would love to be non thrifty and have internet on my phone

Having a backyard and guest room

Getting haircuts regularly

Going to concerts once a year or so, going on vacations

ZnBmama 10-02-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmama (Post 15761768)
This! Oh, but I must say I caved today and got a salted caramel latte:blush:

I did too! Oh, it was worth it though.

crystaldawn_23 10-02-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajunteacher (Post 15761756)
Starbucks!

OOOOOOO me too!! But ours closed almost two years ago so for me it's not that hard to pass it up lol... I will be passing one thursday though and I will make sure that I find enough change for a treat:thumbsup:

smores 10-02-2012 09:05 PM

Having my own car.

lensesforeyes 10-02-2012 09:34 PM

Getting bakery splurges at Costco. My last pregnancy we bought many apple pies and muffins, this time I have to avoid the bakery section. I'm pretty proud of myself though, I'm 31 weeks today and have not caved once! (At least in that area ;) )

BattleBuddies 10-02-2012 09:40 PM

I miss being able to spontaneously do things. I used to love being able to load the kids up in the car and take them somewhere for some fun when we felt the need for a pick-me-up, or a special treat, or whatever. Now, it all has to be planned out or "its not in the budget". I feel like lately the kids are being robbed of a lot of fun/experiences because the finances have been so tight. Now, DH is getting ready to come home from deployment, and I know he and the kids are wanting to go have fun, and probably visit zoos or something, and Im dreading it because yet again, "big bad mommy" has to be the one to tell them we cant afford it right now because a ton of unplanned/unexpected crap sprung up, and no we dont yet have a $1000 BEF, and even if we did, it still wouldnt cover it. :(

:threadhijacked: :tonofbricks: