Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   So how many of you.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449855)

MIpiccolo44 10-02-2012 08:15 PM

So how many of you....

Are thinking - this baby could come any day now - better clean the house??

I AM!!! Not that my house is super clean, but it is better than before. And I have done some completely random projects. I figured if I'm going to spend the energy, I want to do something that will actually stay clean for awhile - so far I've....

cleaned the fridge (but not the freezer - lol)
cleaned/organized/de spiderwebbed/swept the garage
crafting (I know, it's not cleaning, but it's fun)
de-cluttered most surfaces, although sadly they are already regaining clutter
cleaned the laundry area (this is part of the garage...)

okay, for some reason it feels like a lot more, but it's not so much when I write it down. What is everyone else doing?

photocowgirl 10-03-2012 08:12 AM

Re: So how many of you....

:) This is me... I did a really good clean over the house end of August when i still felt like moving, but now every time I have a contraction (lots that seem to be going nowhere - sigh) - I think I better go wash those dishes or shower or clean the girls' room...

MomdeIsla 10-03-2012 09:17 AM

yep this is me though I'm not due until the 21st.....but my last was about 12 days early. Yesterday I baked quick bread and changed all the sheets in the house, mopped the kitchen floor, and washed all the sheets and towels that were dirty...LOL!

If I make it to saturday I will be cleaning the kids rooms....again, and organizing the rec room....which will include crawling around on my hands and knees to put up toys that are EVERYWHERE....we have the carseat but it's not in the car, I will probably put the snapngo in the trunk (just to get it out of the baby's room) and install the carseat this weekend.

StarryEyedSurprise 10-03-2012 11:25 AM

I just swept the kitchen and vacuumed most of the carpets.. Not as much as you! Lol

MIpiccolo44 10-03-2012 09:56 PM

My goal now is to keep on top of it a little at a time....we'll see how that goes!

kymdenise 10-04-2012 05:47 AM

I need to clean out the van, but the house has been insane spurts. I have made the biggest push with laundry. Keeping on top of it and pulling out summer clothes to put in storage as it all comes through the wash.

boekesec 10-04-2012 12:48 PM

Ugh, I have definitely been THINKING this, but not actually doing it :) I've stayed on top of keeping things picked up, so at least the house looks neat. But I haven't deep cleaned since...well...probably spring? :blush: I need to do things like de-cobweb and scrub cabinets and floors and deep clean the bathroom, but I just don't see it happening unless I get a crazy huge nesting rush of energy one of these days~

kannondicarpo 10-04-2012 04:22 PM

I am on top of laundry (which is difficult because I have to hang ALL of it). Today I cleaned out the van and rearranged all of the seats. Looking around I have a small pile of dishes (hand washing makes that task so insurmountable some days) and the babies room needs picked up.

I really need to keep on it so that things are still in order when the baby decides to come.

Due the 15th but expecting a late baby.

HeatherlovesCDs 10-04-2012 09:05 PM

I've been nesting like a crazy woman since about 28wks. I'm not a very good housekeeper. My house is usually a mess, but I've been very on top of it. Since about 37wks, I don't go to bed without it being pretty much spotless. I have this thing about people seeing my house a mess. So, I can't seem to leave anything because I'm afraid I'll go into labor over night and then everyone will converge on my house and it will be a big mess. (When I go into labor, my doula will come. My mom will come to be with me during labor. And, my IL's will come to watch my 5 kids. I'll be leaving shortly thereafter to go to the hospital. :giggle:) Even my upstairs including my bedroom is picked up. It's been quite a while since that was the clean. :blush:

Daily, I sweep and mop my kitchen, vacuum, fold and put away laundry (a big deal for me since I really struggle with keeping up with laundry) and of course, pick up everything. Every couple of days, I re-clean all the bathrooms. I'm nuts right now, but I can't stop. :blush: I do make my kids help. Even my 2 year old pitch in and I've had my 4 and 6 year olds doing some of the sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping and I even had my 4 and 6 year olds down on the hardwood with a rag and some Bona cleaning it. Of course, I do have to redo or at least touch up a lot of what they do, but it's still helpful and a good learning experience for them. Child labor. :giggle:

I'm hoping this new found me will stick since it been a few months now. I'm hoping this is more than just nesting and will be a lifestyle change for our family. My children are helping a LOT more now and their attitude about picking up is so much better than it was before. I really love the way our house is now and I really hope we can keep it this way even after the baby. :pray: