Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   3 under 3 and this mama is going insane (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449862)

Sophia&Daria 10-02-2012 08:38 PM

3 under 3 and this mama is going insane

In major need of encouragement here! I'M EXHAUSTED. I'm about to cry.

Everyone always wonders how I do it. Got my masters degree with twin toddlers and pregnant belly and worked part time from home too. Now, have a 3 month old who is not difficult... it is the Twin 2 year olds who are DRIVING ME CRAZY.

i try to be patient and nice but I'm sick of cleaning after them. They are always making some type of mess. Yesterday they took out all of my and hubbys clothes out of hangers. Today they poured alk my spices on the floor. Another day they rubbed poop all over the carpet and walls. Dragged all their toys in the living room. Rubbed soap all over themselves. Unrolled all toilet papers. Etc etc etc. Seriosly, all i do is try to keep my house clean.

If they are not causing trouble, they whine whine whine... hold on to my legs and follow me everywhere.

I just want to be left alone.

Hubby understands but he is tired too. He gets mentally tired at work then comes home to me tired and cranky and crazy kids. He is short and when he yells at kids and keeps putting them on time out, it makes me mad. So i try not to leave them with him.

Every minute i find, i work. Part-time, but i can't even get to 20 hours. Infant wakes up every 3 hours at night. So not much sleep at night.

How do you handle it? I take the twins to daycare twice a week, 4 hours each day. And i care for infant and work during that time.

I literally have no me time ever... even when I'm in the bathroom. I just want to give up and not do the dishes or laundry or picking up but the next day i have twice as much to do and that overwhelms me even more.

Thanks for listening. :)

Sophia&Daria 10-02-2012 08:40 PM

Oh so i end up being cranky and be short with the twins and that makes me sad bc i want to be a better mom. I want to do all kinds of activities with them, read to them, and spend time with them but i can't. I don't know how to juggle everything anymore.

twinpossible 10-02-2012 08:57 PM

Re: 3 under 3 and this mama is going insane

Oh mama! I am about to have 3 under 2 as well. I also work, I teach 16 units at night at our local University after the girls are asleep. I know it can be HARD. So far just being pregnant with the twins is driving me crazy. To keep sane I have my mom or our nanny come watch the girls ever so often. I have "me" time once a month to get my hair done and I have someone come deep clean my kitchen and bathrooms twice a month. In all I spend about $300 a month on the nanny and housekeeper costs. It is totally worth it.

Life is hard on a day to day basis with twins, I totally know what you mean about them following you around and not giving you time to yourself. Do they nap? I force my girls to nap in the middle of the day for about an hour to 90 min. That gives me some quiet down time in the middle of the day.

Bottom line is you NEED to take care of yourself. Find something that calms you down and make time to do it. Keep us all posted and take care!

raisingcropsandbabies 10-03-2012 06:22 AM

((Big hugs)). I had 3 under 3 as well and u r still n adjustment phase. It is hard . My 3rd son was a sweet baby, but the 3-kid thing is a tough gig (4th adjustmemt was easier). A lot of days,, id think how nuts i was.

Simplify as much as possible. Triple a meal and have it every week for 3 weeks. Reconsider ur cleanliness (ie: get poop off walls, leave the toys). I used to clean my house every night when i had two kids. When i had 3, i really had to pick and choose my priorities. Dh liked no laundry on the couch, so i made that a priority and i liked a clean kitchen. So i had to overlook toystrewn floors, dust in corners, floors needing ,opped/vacuumed for my sanity and what time allowed. About every 2-3 weeks i would look around and think what happened... then i would dedicate 2 hours to getting it clean-clean. And then i would let it go again. Its a short season and u need to survive for a bit... sanity intact. :)

gingerpeachee 10-03-2012 06:41 AM

I don't understand why it isn't okay for your husband to put the twins in time out? I would imagine this would be helpful?

snugglebutter 10-03-2012 10:47 AM

I know some moms use blanket sleepers 24/7 for toddlers who like to mess with diapers because you can pin them closed. They are also very low maintenance as far as laundry etc...

Do you use doorknob covers? Can you gate off some of the house to limit their mess making?

(((hugs)))

twinpossible 10-03-2012 10:57 AM

Oh ya limiting their house access, I forgot about that one! Our whole living room is converted to a playroom and is gated off and fully child proofed. I can leave the twins in there to play and go to the bathroom by myself or cook dinner. They know that they will not be "rescued" from the room if they beg but then again they are not in there with out me often. They have tons of toys and crafts to do so usually I get about 30-40 min. of cooking or cleaning time in before they freak out on me :)
We also have door knob covers on the inside of their bedroom door, they go down for a nap EVERY day after lunch whether they sleep or not. They can climb out of bed and play but they have to stay up in their room and have quiet time. I have a video monitor so I watch them from another room. 9 times out of 10 they sleep. Sometimes they play first.
Hope this helps!

Sarah-B 10-03-2012 11:01 AM

This lady I know has twins and uses "the door monkey". No fingers get slammed in the door and it child proofs that door.
Good luck :)

Sophia&Daria 10-03-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerpeachee
I don't understand why it isn't okay for your husband to put the twins in time out? I would imagine this would be helpful?

He over does it. NWIM?

Sophia&Daria 10-03-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snugglebutter
I know some moms use blanket sleepers 24/7 for toddlers who like to mess with diapers because you can pin them closed. They are also very low maintenance as far as laundry etc...

Do you use doorknob covers? Can you gate off some of the house to limit their mess making?

(((hugs)))

They are potty trained. I try to shut all doors but i miss it some times. I can't keep up.