Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cosleeping Sucks... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449863)

BeccaSueCongdon 10-02-2012 09:38 PM

Cosleeping Sucks...

DD (18 mos) just stole my favorite pillow.

(tehehe)

But it's mine again as soon as she stops kicking me in the face and falls asleep. Wth?

Happy Mommax4 10-02-2012 09:48 PM

This made me chuckle as I'm trying to contort myself around my 17mo in my king size bed!

Art mama 10-02-2012 10:17 PM

Re: Cosleeping Sucks...

I had to move my 6 yo over and my 4 1/2 mo old over so I could squeeze between them! Going to bed shouldn't be this much work! Lol

Mom2jandb 10-02-2012 11:01 PM

We aren't getting any sleep here, and the cat's tail keeps hitting 4mo DD in the head. I've pushed her off the bed like four times now (the cat, not DD).

waterisntsomething 10-02-2012 11:22 PM

hehe, DS is just starting to get to the age where he moves around all crazy in bed. Sometimes I seriously wish I could just spread out but I can't really sleep without him...it's such a conundrum.

UnderTheStars 10-03-2012 12:06 AM

I will tolerate a lot of things, but someone taking my pillow is NOT one of them. I have a very special me-sized dent in that thing that hugs my head perfectly. I will not allow someone else's skull to ruin it!

BeccaSueCongdon 10-03-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeinstarrz
I will tolerate a lot of things, but someone taking my pillow is NOT one of them. I have a very special me-sized dent in that thing that hugs my head perfectly. I will not allow someone else's skull to ruin it!

I have it back now. :-) ha!

Its actually our boppy. Best neck pillow ever, IMO. And I think DD likes it bc it wraps around her whole body and probably smells like me. :)

BottomOfMyHearts 10-03-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2jandb (Post 15762118)
We aren't getting any sleep here, and the cat's tail keeps hitting 4mo DD in the head. I've pushed her off the bed like four times now (the cat, not DD).

I lol'd.

At first I thought this was a serious thread. There are times when I ask myself, "What did I get myself into?"

Right now I just sleep with my youngest. DH is in the guest room and DD1 is in her own room. DH is getting a bit... uhm... resentful? Maybe not that strongly about it, but has hinted that he would like me to train DD2 to sleep in her own space so DH and I can go back to our normal routine.

The only issue is that DD2 has been and is a very high needs/clingy baby. When the sun goes down, she's even MORE so.

So...not sure what to do about that.

Sarah-B 10-03-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BottomOfMyHearts

I lol'd.

At first I thought this was a serious thread. There are times when I ask myself, "What did I get myself into?"

Right now I just sleep with my youngest. DH is in the guest room and DD1 is in her own room. DH is getting a bit... uhm... resentful? Maybe not that strongly about it, but has hinted that he would like me to train DD2 to sleep in her own space so DH and I can go back to our normal routine.

The only issue is that DD2 has been and is a very high needs/clingy baby. When the sun goes down, she's even MORE so.

So...not sure what to do about that.

I would start to transition her especially if DH is getting resentful.
We do not cosleep (we do one early morning feeding in our bed though)
Dd is 3 months and has slept in her crib 8-12 hrs per night since 7 weeks.
Not Because I don't want to cosleep just that DH and I are very hard sleepers so we worry about rolling over her.

I do always wonder though how when and where do cosleeping parents dtd? Lol

Belbaby3728 10-03-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B

I would start to transition her especially if DH is getting resentful.
We do not cosleep (we do one early morning feeding in our bed though)
Dd is 3 months and has slept in her crib 8-12 hrs per night since 7 weeks.
Not Because I don't want to cosleep just that DH and I are very hard sleepers so we worry about rolling over her.

I do always wonder though how when and where do cosleeping parents dtd? Lol

when younger just slide baby to one side of bed. When older, get creative- other rooms become useful :)