Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   To have another or not.....advice please (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449886)

Isabellesmama 10-02-2012 10:42 PM

To have another or not.....advice please

I will start with how I had my daughter.
I had a horrible pregnancy! I started having contractions around 20 weeks. No dr would listen to me & I was in & out of L&D quite frequently. I was on bedrest at home when i was 24 weeks & put in the hospital at 26 weeks. I was sent home when they thought they stopped my labor for me to back at 28 weeks & there to stay. My amino was leaking & they would barely let me out of bed. They planned on inducing me at 34 weeks in fear of infection or her cord kinking if it came through the tear in the bag(can't remember what it's called but very dangerous) I had my daughter at 32 weeks when my water broke while sitting up & had her an hour later(ALLLLLL natural, but so glad it ended up that way) besides being 2 months early she was a short chunky lil thing! 4lbs 10oz 14inch long. She had to stay in the NICU for 29 LOOOOOOONG days & besides a few bumps in the road is a healthy happy very intelligent 20 month old. I am so afraid to have another baby to have what I went through again. :( I don't think I could do it again & this time I have a toddler that needs caring for too. I am also in fear that if I did have the baby at term & able to EBF (with my DD I was able to exclusively pump for 3 mths until my body gave up & I dried up even after I tried everything) I fear that I will have a better bond with the new baby bcuz I wanted to BF SOOOOOO bad & only got to have DD to breast a handful of times with her being so little & weak....I also have met people who have a favorite child & I'm so scared that that could happen if I have more. I guess my biggest concern is do I want a baby to make up for what I missed out with my first? & is the wrong of me? I've tried talking to family about it with no luck & some telling me I should not have another baby bcuz it will make me resent my first & others telling me to follow my heart but my heart it torn between wanting my daughter to have a sibling & wanting all my love to go to her. Please only positive advice thank you!! :) & thanks for reading I'm a rambler ;)

gingerpeachee 10-03-2012 05:52 PM

Re: To have another or not.....advice please

Think back to when your daughter was born and you loved her so much you didn't even know it was possible to love anybody that much. Its like in the Grinch Who Stole Christmas; "his heart grew three sizes that day".
Remember when it happened?

Well, it happens again. Your heart grows and amazingly you're totally capable of loving TWO somebodys that much. There is plenty of room in your heart for two.

l_Kimmie_l 10-03-2012 05:58 PM

Your pregnancy could be totally different this time. It would not make it better, just different. Breastfeeding would not make you resent your DD or bond better with your new baby, just bond in a different way. For every child you add, you add the capacity to love more.

fish3737 10-03-2012 06:03 PM

I had two very difficult pregnancies. Preterm labor, months of bedrest . . .

So after I had my DD1 we said "no more babies."

Well then we got pregnant again. Much to my surprise no preterm labor, no bedrest, and she was 4 hours shy of being full term.

So definitely - every pregnancy can be different.

I wouldn't trade her for anything (that said DH did get a permanent surgery to make sure she was our last). LOL

GL Mama

Isabellesmama 10-03-2012 07:48 PM

Thank you ladies!! :) eases my mind hearing others stories!

mamaerinx3 10-03-2012 08:14 PM

Yep...your heart grows to love each child completely!
I felt a lot like you when I was pregnant with my second child, I did not want my DD to be forgotten or have to "share" my love; also I didn't get to EBF with her either and dried up at 3 months. I was able to nurse my other two for a year each until they weaned on their own...I definitely don't feel closer or love any of them more than any other. I will say for each child I do have a different love which is great; I love them all for who they are, the role they play in our family, for all the traits they possess that I admire, but they are all equally important & I love them all with the same amazing love a mother has :hugs: You will not be sorry you had another child!