Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Man, this is rough! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449920)

leyash 10-03-2012 07:38 AM

Man, this is rough!

We were at Walmart lastnight, and while checking out, I started to get lightheaded and slightly dizzy. Then, I felt hot, and almost felt like I was going to pass out. I noticed I was a little weak, and was shaking a bit.

Any idea what this was? :/ It lasted about 20 minutes or so.

kushie tushie 10-03-2012 07:41 AM

Sounds like low blood sugar.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Gothmommy 10-03-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie
Sounds like low blood sugar.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

this

This message won't self destruct in 30 seconds.

leyash 10-03-2012 07:45 AM

Re: Man, this is rough!

Oooooh!!!

Which would explain why I felt better about 10 minutes after I had a dr. pepper!

Wow... that makes TOTAL sense.

Geez, that was horrible. And it REALLY scared me. :(

karlitacat 10-03-2012 09:19 AM

Yup, low blood sugar. That happens to me all the time, even when I'm not pregnant, esp. if I haven't eaten in a while.

karlitacat 10-03-2012 09:19 AM

Yup, low blood sugar. That happens to me all the time, even when I'm not pregnant, esp. if I haven't eaten in a while.

Christylkeller 10-03-2012 09:45 AM

I had this happen this week at work. It wasn't from low blood sugar though since I had eaten 2 choco chip cookies and a BEC biscuit within the hour. I am wondering if it was dehydration... I had to sit on the floor for a while and then I sat at the counter and counted drugs that the pharmacist brought me. It took about 30 mins before I didn't feel shaky and I was trying to get some water in me during that time.

EmilytheStrange 10-03-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christylkeller (Post 15763328)
I had this happen this week at work. It wasn't from low blood sugar though since I had eaten 2 choco chip cookies and a BEC biscuit within the hour. I am wondering if it was dehydration... I had to sit on the floor for a while and then I sat at the counter and counted drugs that the pharmacist brought me. It took about 30 mins before I didn't feel shaky and I was trying to get some water in me during that time.

it's happened to me while pregnant and wasn't low blood sugar (it has also happened other times and definitely been low blood sugar).

I've always written it off as just a side effect of pregnancy. Dehydration could definitely be it or stress. I had a couple things that felt like panic attacks while I was pregnant with DD, but I wasn't actually panic'd.

For the OP - does sound like low blood sugar - keep candies in your pocket like an old lady :)

leyash 10-03-2012 10:16 AM

I can't imagine that would be what it is. I had just had a couple bottles of water (averaging a bottle every 60-90 minutes, on average).

I'm still feeling kind of weak today. :( Like, getting up and walking across the room leaves me feeling winded and shaky. I have a Dr Pepper and that seems to be helping a bit again. I don't want to drink it every single day, though.

I don't know. I've only had half of an oatmeal pie this morning. Yesterday when it happened, I hadn't eaten in almost 8 hours. So, that may have had something to do with it.

Ugh. It's frustrating. I just don't know when I should call the doctor, know what I mean?

leyash 10-03-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15763483)
it's happened to me while pregnant and wasn't low blood sugar (it has also happened other times and definitely been low blood sugar).

I've always written it off as just a side effect of pregnancy. Dehydration could definitely be it or stress. I had a couple things that felt like panic attacks while I was pregnant with DD, but I wasn't actually panic'd.

For the OP - does sound like low blood sugar - keep candies in your pocket like an old lady :)

Funny you should mention panic attacks. I have anxiety, really bad. Obviously I'm not taking medication right now, and when these "episodes" happen, or I get kind of dizzy at random moments, it sends my anxiety THROUGH the roof. Which then just makes the symptoms worse, etc. It's like everything plays off of eachother. I am scared to DEATH of fainting in public. :( That's the first thing that runs through my head...

Blah.