Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lead free dishes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449931)

blessed3times 10-03-2012 07:13 AM

Lead free dishes

I'm on the hunt for dishes (plates, bowls, coffee cups, forks, etc) that contain no lead. I'm also looking for a crock pot that is lead free.

Would plain glass with no designs or glaze on them be lead free?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

*Kai&Mommy* 10-25-2012 11:06 PM

Re: Lead free dishes

Wondering this same thing today..

tallanvor 10-26-2012 08:21 AM

I don't know about a crock pot, but Fiestaware is lead free. We love our Fiestaware.

I would assume that the plain, glass dishes would also be lead free, but it might depend on the brand.

ZnBmama 10-27-2012 04:30 PM

We use Duralex kid friendly glass dishware, I purchased them from Ecomom. I see them on kid's deal site quite often as well (Zulily, etc).

poopstermomma 11-01-2012 11:55 AM

We use duralex glass as well. It is less breakable than regular glass, and comes in small sizes for kids. I am looking to switch to some stainless glasses for outdoor play, and for my clumsier kid... :)

gigismomma 11-01-2012 01:13 PM

As far as I know, the corelle plates (winter frost, plain white) are lead free. They are super durable with kids, too! And affordable. Not as pretty as fiesta ware, though.

I have yet to find a lead free crock pot.......the vita clay rice cooker is supposedly lead free.

kimb96 11-01-2012 02:08 PM

I have fiestaware. Love it! Keep an eye on craigslist and ebay and you can score some deals on used fiesta. I scored 8 place settings on ebay for $85 shipped a few weeks ago.

ingodslove 11-03-2012 09:36 PM

I went back adn forth about fiestaware or corelle...
I DID hear that some vintage fiestaware can be contaminated with things like lead, especially the orange looking color (which is my favorite)...but prolly if you hunt on CL you can find lots that aren't vintage;) We use mason jars in two different sizes for lots of things too!

lynn97 11-04-2012 11:06 PM

Well crud. We have been using Pfaltzgraff dishes for years, now I see that they are really bad. Maybe I will buy some Fiestaware too, especially since DH likes it.

Marianna1988 11-05-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigismomma
As far as I know, the corelle plates (winter frost, plain white) are lead free. They are super durable with kids, too! And affordable. Not as pretty as fiesta ware, though.

I have yet to find a lead free crock pot.......the vita clay rice cooker is supposedly lead free.

Are fiestaware dishes as durable as corelle? I am in need of new dishes and we have a 10 month old and 2 year old (plus DH and I are really clumsy :blush:) and right now corelle seems to be the only nice dishes that are durable enough for us. I loooove to "hear" now that they are lead free, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum