Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   bestbottoms on a bigger baby/toddler (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449976)

2wonderfulboys 10-03-2012 09:27 AM

I was really thinking that I wanted to get these diapers to use on my LO now and then I could use them on the new baby. The package deal is awesome, and LO should start PL'ing soon after baby arrives. I have been looking around and found some info that says these are not a good fit on bigger babies or toddler. Right now LO is 18 months and 25lbs or so. Anyone use them? Or have pics?

armywife21 10-03-2012 09:30 AM

Re: bestbottoms on a bigger baby/toddler

I have a 2.5 year old 32lb son he is skinny but has a tall rise and they still fit him fine with room to grow. I do like the aplix on these though so I can get a better fit. The snaps seem small. They also have waist extender thins now. I would just caution from buying a whole bunch of them until you know if you like them and they work for you rbaby though.

2wonderfulboys 10-03-2012 01:07 PM

:)

2wonderfulboys 10-05-2012 05:03 PM

Bump

McDMom 10-05-2012 05:33 PM

The snap ones do NOT fit tall kids with a high rise much past 32 lbs. DD is 37.5 inches tall and they are very low in the front. The aplix ones work better but I would still pass on them if your child is very tall. She can fit in the aplix ones now but they are still pretty low and I would only use them in a pinch. The waist extenders would help if your child is wide not tall.

2wonderfulboys 10-05-2012 09:32 PM

Hum I wonder I want to but one to try but I don't want to deal with the resale. I think that is the only way I will know though

Sarah-B 10-05-2012 10:12 PM

I have 2 covers one Velcro and one snaps. I will take pics of these tomorrow for you on my 15lb 3 month old dd

The Velcro is very rough for Velcro.
Dd is already on the medium setting so I really cant imagine these fitting her through potty learning.

I do really like that they don't take up too much room in the diaper bag.

Tomorrow I will time how long a stay dry insert lasts her and how long a hemp lasts her and post back with the pics. Sometimes when we leave the house I will use the overnight booster just so we can go longer between changes.

Overall I like the system and for the money you can't beat it. I just worry that it won't fit for as long as she will need them.

Alaga 10-05-2012 10:33 PM

We have all snaps, and they are getting tight/short on my 28 lb 2.5 yr old DD. I don't think they'll last much longer on her. She can also pee through them in less than an hour, even with the doubler. I rarely put DD in our BB's b/c we have other dipes that work better for her now. Luckily I have DS, and our BB's fit him great at 5 mo's and 19 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

nahrie 10-05-2012 10:44 PM

Re: bestbottoms on a bigger baby/toddler

It really depends on the kid. My 22 month old is 31 lbs and they fit him great, he's on the second to last snap setting, and has plenty of waist room. I don't think weight or age is a good indicator, it really depends on build. Buy one and then see if you like them enough to buy more.

2wonderfulboys 10-06-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B
I have 2 covers one Velcro and one snaps. I will take pics of these tomorrow for you on my 15lb 3 month old dd

The Velcro is very rough for Velcro.
Dd is already on the medium setting so I really cant imagine these fitting her through potty learning.

I do really like that they don't take up too much room in the diaper bag.

Tomorrow I will time how long a stay dry insert lasts her and how long a hemp lasts her and post back with the pics. Sometimes when we leave the house I will use the overnight booster just so we can go longer between changes.

Overall I like the system and for the money you can't beat it. I just worry that it won't fit for as long as she will need them.

Thanks! :)