Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fit of 4.0 vs freetime (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449984)

gingerpeachee 10-03-2012 10:47 AM

Fit of 4.0 vs freetime

My boy fits the 4.0 like a glove. Are the free times a similar fit? We got some BGEs in May, but that batch seemed a little off compared to the organics. What do you think? My husband is a SAHD and sick of stuffing!

ahess529 10-03-2012 10:50 AM

The 4.0 have a higher rise. I prefer the duty of them over the freetimes. I actually just sold all my fts for more 4.0.

Dancy Baby 10-03-2012 11:05 AM

Re: Fit of 4.0 vs freetime

I agree, FTs fit smaller. I'm thinking about getting rid of mine too!

cajsmommy 10-03-2012 03:59 PM

In my experience, the FT and 4.0 both have the same rise and other size dimensions. Definately bigger than the BGEs. You do have to give it a little tug to stretch out the rise when putting it on LO though. I can see how one might think they have a smaller rise though, especially in the sm and med rise settings. The leg elastic is pretty gathered so you really have to pull it out when putting it on. At least for an older baby or toddler. The leg elastic still doesn't leave red marks for seem too tight even though it does seem to gather more than it does on the 4s.

Arizonah13 10-04-2012 01:22 AM

I'm glad someone brought this up because I finally got a Freetime to try and I thought it seemed a bit smaller in the rise... I think I actually like the fit of the 4.0's better (much better actually) which kinda bums me out because I prefer AIOs.

I was thinking about trying a BGE since I hear so many rave reviews, but they are *smaller* than 4.0's and FTs?! can anyone confirm?

jojoreta 10-04-2012 07:21 AM

I made a thread about this and showed comparison of the fit on my (then almost 5 year old). You can search threads I started :)

**patiently waiting for baby #3 to arrive**

cajsmommy 10-04-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arizonah13 (Post 15767600)
I'm glad someone brought this up because I finally got a Freetime to try and I thought it seemed a bit smaller in the rise... I think I actually like the fit of the 4.0's better (much better actually) which kinda bums me out because I prefer AIOs.

I was thinking about trying a BGE since I hear so many rave reviews, but they are *smaller* than 4.0's and FTs?! can anyone confirm?

Yes, the BGE has a slightly shorter rise than the FT and 4.0 :)

Arizonah13 10-04-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajsmommy (Post 15768932)
Yes, the BGE has a slightly shorter rise than the FT and 4.0 :)

Thanks for the reply! :)

I'm a little disappointed - I really wanted to try a BGE, but won't bother if the rise is shorter. :cry:

Although... I do have a newbie coming next month..... :giggle:

themamageek 10-04-2012 01:06 PM

The BGE doesn't have a shorter rise than the FT. Brand new ones are a bit smaller than the 4.0 but they can be stretched.