Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Hip pain while sleeping (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450012)

itiswhatitis1984 10-03-2012 11:47 AM

Hip pain while sleeping

Has anyone else had this issue? If so do you know of any remedies that at least help with it?

We have a memory foam bed and I loved it till I got pregnant. Laying on my side always leaves my hips in pain :( our memory foam doesn't seem to have much give to it and I think that's the cause of pain. I started getting uncomfortable around 8 weeks and added an egg crate foam on top of it and that seemed to help, till a week or so ago. All suggestions are welcomed!!

TS8213 10-03-2012 11:50 AM

I sleep with a body pillow between my knees. A regular pillow should work, too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

itiswhatitis1984 10-03-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TS8213
I sleep with a body pillow between my knees. A regular pillow should work, too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

I do sleep with a pillow between my legs & should have been more specific that the hip that hurts is the one I'm lying on.

Mama_K 10-03-2012 02:46 PM

Re: Hip pain while sleeping

I have the same issue but no good solution except using a pillow between my legs and rolling over to sleep on the other side when I get uncomfortable.

twinpossible 10-03-2012 03:03 PM

I have a terrible old Ikea mattress and the same issue. I use a pillow between my legs and roll over when my hip hurts. It sucks :(

itiswhatitis1984 10-03-2012 03:42 PM

I have been doing the roll over trick. The past couple of nights I haven't made it through most of the night on one side so both of my hips end up hurting :( I have big square pillows that I'm going to try lying on tonight. Not sure if it will work or not but I don't think I have much to lose!

roseyroberts 10-03-2012 04:08 PM

I have the same problem...pregnant or not, but def worse pregnant. It stinks!

Christylkeller 10-03-2012 05:44 PM

Right there with you, momma! When it gets really bad, I end up in the recliner to sleep. I saw the chiro today, so I am hoping for a whole lot less pain tonight!

pgkcb13 10-04-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinpossible (Post 15764992)
I have a terrible old Ikea mattress and the same issue. I use a pillow between my legs and roll over when my hip hurts. It sucks :(

This is what I do too, though I'm still early enough I can sleep on my stomach when it gets real bad. I don't look forward to losing that! If you can, try chiropractic or acupuncture (or both). That's my back up plan this time around.