Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   I need a car seat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450014)

Bear Family 10-03-2012 10:53 AM

I need a car seat

Can you share some links, or names of ones that fit my needs please?

This is a car seat for my husband's truck, Jax only uses it for about 3 minutes in the morning to get to the sitters house and other occasions when we use the truck, but that is not often.

The one we have is the Cosco Scenera, he is FF, the seat only goes up to 40 lbs.

The car seats I am looking at only go up to 40lbs using a harness, then you have to use the seatbelt, and I would like to keep him harnessed a little longer.

Obviously, since this is an 'extra' seat so to speak, I would rather not spend a lot of money on it.

The only one that I have seen is the Evenflo Maestro (link below), do you know of any other ones similiar?

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Maestr...words=car+seat

TIA

mommabritt 10-03-2012 11:10 AM

That's gonna be your best bet at a lower budget. Also check out Evenflo SecureKid 300/400 seats and Graco Nautilus. with a coupon or trade in at Babies R Us they're obviously less costly.

Bear Family 10-03-2012 11:42 AM

Re: I need a car seat

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabritt (Post 15764109)
That's gonna be your best bet at a lower budget. Also check out Evenflo SecureKid 300/400 seats and Graco Nautilus. with a coupon or trade in at Babies R Us they're obviously less costly.

Oh, I like that one. It is a little more than I had wanted to spend, but I like that it has those latch clip things, they're so much easier, and it goes up to 65 lbs, which is what the true fit ( the main seat we use) goes to. I don't understand the difference between the 300/400 models though.

luvsviola 10-03-2012 12:46 PM

Maestro has latch too. But, it only goes to 50 pounds and the headrest doesn't move. Secure Kid is essentailly a Maestro with a moveable headrest and 65 pounds.

My 5.75 year old fits fine in the Maestro with an additional slot to go, and only weighs 41 pounds, so it was plenty of seat for us. She also sits fine in a Turbobooster, so the extra money for the SecureKid would have been a waste for us since she will be fine to booster when it is outgrown. But, if you have a chunky kid, you may need the extra weight.

Bear Family 10-03-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola (Post 15764602)
Maestro has latch too. But, it only goes to 50 pounds and the headrest doesn't move. Secure Kid is essentailly a Maestro with a moveable headrest and 65 pounds.

My 5.75 year old fits fine in the Maestro with an additional slot to go, and only weighs 41 pounds, so it was plenty of seat for us. She also sits fine in a Turbobooster, so the extra money for the SecureKid would have been a waste for us since she will be fine to booster when it is outgrown. But, if you have a chunky kid, you may need the extra weight.

Oh I didn't realize it had the same type of latch as the Secure kid.

slimy72 10-03-2012 01:34 PM

It does not have the same type of latch. The maestro has latch, they are clips, the secure kid has the easy type that you just stick in and they click on.

Bear Family 10-03-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimy72 (Post 15764833)
It does not have the same type of latch. The maestro has latch, they are clips, the secure kid has the easy type that you just stick in and they click on.

Ok, yeah, that is what I thought. The seat my dh uses has the clips, and I hate them. I like the latches that the secure kid seat has since it was what was on the bucket seat we used and for me it makes it easier.

jess71903 10-03-2012 03:10 PM

Oh, yeah. I love premium LATCH connectors. I can't remember what the difference in the 300 and 400 is... I seem to remember there being something with the LATCH connectors.

MamaRachel 10-03-2012 08:59 PM

The SecureKid 400 has the sure latch that self tightens and I believe extra side impact protection.

Keep in mind though that there is a weight limit for using Latch. My car has a 40 lb limit, so for me the sure latch was pointless for my 43 lb kiddo. You should be able to find the vehicle weight limit for latch in your car's manual I believe.

luvsviola 10-03-2012 09:52 PM

Most cars, it is 40 pounds.