Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Those of you that have had late losses (10+ weeks)... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450025)

leyash 10-03-2012 11:04 AM

Those of you that have had late losses (10+ weeks)...

Those of you that have had late losses, 10 weeks or later...

Did you ever "know" something was wrong?
Did you have the typical morning sickness and stuff?
Did your symptoms vary at all throughout the pregnancy?
What was the first sign that you were miscarrying?

I know, I need to not worry... however, it scares me to death. I am 9 weeks, and though I am nearing the second trimester, this doesn't make me feel better for some reason. We saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound... and hoping we can hear it next week with the doppler at the doctor.

Tina5834 10-03-2012 12:55 PM

I had a 16 week loss in July. I had no idea anything was wrong until they couldn't find his HB on Doppler. But, after he had passed all these things started coming back to me. For 2 weeks before we found out he had passed (he died at 14 weeks) I had this thought that I was 'missing' something.

twinpossible 10-03-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Those of you that have had late losses (10+ weeks)...

I had a 12 week loss right before I got pregnant with this one. My morning sickness stopped about 2 weeks before I found out. I started feeling "normal" or good, food adversions were less and more energy. I had some brown cm spotting for about a week but that *can* be normal so I was told not to worry. I felt like something was off. What made me go in for an emergency ultrasound was red spotting.
After 12 weeks with a good heartbeat it is VERY uncommon to loose a child. You just have to stay positive and try to make it to that point. I had everyone praying for us and I just tried to stay present and enjoy the time I did have with this baby. So far we are great, 16 weeks and counting.

weesej 10-03-2012 02:29 PM

I had a 13 week loss with my first...a boy we named Dominic. I had hyperemesis and was so sick I lost 30 lbs...15% of my body mass. One morning I began having cramps. I went to the hospital and there noticed I was also bleeding. The first ultrasound showed a live and kicked little one, so I was discharged still cramping. One the way out of the hospital my water broke, so I turned around and went back in. The next ultrasound and hour later showed he was gone. There was nothing wrong with him, I simply think my body could no longer tolerate being pregnant and "saved itself". It was very hard, i was 18 and had gotten married 2 weeks before the miscarriage.

Kiliki 10-03-2012 02:46 PM

These stories are so sad. :( I'm so sorry to every mama who has ever had a loss. :hugs:

danimdel 10-03-2012 02:55 PM

I am at the end of a 10 week loss...kind of. The baby didn't grow past 6 weeks, but I was 10 weeks when I found out, and 10 1/2 when I miscarried. I had the normal worries that something was wrong, but not any more than with my first 2. So looking back I could say I felt like something was wrong, but really it was just me being a worrier. The two red flags were that I was not sick at all and my tummy got really big really fast and then didn't change and on some mornings seemed almost normal. I thought I was just lucky with escaping the ms. With dd I had very minimal queasiness only for a short time so it wasn't really much different. Plus I had other preg symptoms so it just didn't worry me.

The stomach thing worried me, but DH just would say I was crazy, and that it was so much bigger than normal and so on. I know that I wasn't imagining the bigger tummy to begin with. My pants didn't fit and I only gained a pound. 3 days after I miscarried it looked pretty normal for me.

I started spotting light brown when I wiped at 9 weeks and even then I didn't think it was over. I had bleeding with dd and was fine so minor spotting didn't seem like a game ender.

leyash 10-03-2012 04:30 PM

Man. I hate hearing about all of these stories. :(

The thing with me, is that even though I did see a heartbeat on ultrasound, I'm unsure of what it actually was, like, bpm. I never asked because I was so wrapped up in watching baby on screen. Was measuring right on time at the ultrasound a week ago.

Have had no bleeding, spotting or anything. Mild cramping, but never lasts more than a few minutes, and doesn't get terribly painful or anything. Normal stretching, I suppose.

I'm just scared to death of losing this one. There's nothing that makes me think it's really going to happen, except knowing it's possible. :( I go for another appt. next Wednesday (the 10th), and should hear the heartbeat then. Just trying to wait patiently. Also have my pap that day.

LandSalm0n 10-03-2012 04:36 PM

I lost my first at 10 weeks. It was my first pregnancy so I didn't really know what to expect but I was immediately nervous when I found out. I just felt like something was wrong. I started spotting around 7 weeks and even though the doctor told me everything seemed ok, I knew that it wasn't. I'm now 35 weeks pregnant with my second and I did worry at the beginning but I just felt different about it. I don't know how to explain it. I know that's probably not helpful. But I don't think it's possible to not let your mind wander a little bit. Good luck mama. Don't worry too much.

canadianbakers 10-03-2012 04:42 PM

I have had 5 early miscarriages (all before 6 weeks), and only have lost Elli past 10 weeks... and that was different circumstances than a miscarriage.
But, I had a feeling through her pregnancy that something was wrong. I didn't know what, and I convinced myself over and over that the odd things I was feeling could be explained away by this or that... but no matter what, I had this feeling that something just wasn't right. :(

Christylkeller 10-03-2012 04:55 PM

I had a 17 week loss last summer. I didn't know until my Dr appt and the US showed that he had just past since he was measuring right where he was suppose to. We still don't have a definite answer as to what happened as when he was born, he was perfectly formed and didn't show any signs of a defect. When I met with the perinatal Dr for this pregnancy, he explained that most likely our son passed from a chromosomal issue that happened after the 1st cell divide which would be why he appeared normal looking. I still don't know for sure what happened and probably never will this side of eternity.