Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Enlarged Uterus (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450041)

bumminbeachbabe 10-03-2012 11:37 AM

Enlarged Uterus

I had my first appointment yesterday with my OB. I'm measuring about 3-4 weeks larger than I should be at this point. My uterus is way up and out.

I go tomorrow morning for an ultrasound. I'm a little nervous. There is just no way that I'm further along than I thought.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bumminbeachbabe (my chart. no temps, just cm and bd)

This is my 3rd sticky pregnancy. I had an early miscarriage early this year, so my uterus shouldn't have been any larger. No history of fibroids or anything else.

delicatefade 10-03-2012 12:17 PM

Re: Enlarged Uterus

Sorry, I have no knowledge of this, but I hope everything is OK! Maybe twins?

happymama1 10-03-2012 12:23 PM

I would say maybe twins unless you've already had an early ultrasound to rule it out?

Another possibility to consider is too much amniotic fluid (polyhydramnios). There are many causes of polyhydramnios, ranging from minor to more serious reasons.

I had severe polyhydramnios with my 2nd pregnancy, and started measuring 3-4 weeks ahead by 24 weeks gestation.

Please keep us posted! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

mibarra 10-03-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happymama1 (Post 15764488)
I would say maybe twins unless you've already had an early ultrasound to rule it out?

Another possibility to consider is too much amniotic fluid (polyhydramnios). There are many causes of polyhydramnios, ranging from minor to more serious reasons.

I had severe polyhydramnios with my 2nd pregnancy, and started measuring 3-4 weeks ahead by 24 weeks gestation.

These were my thoughts as well. I hope everything is all right!! :) There is nothing worse than waiting to see if something is wrong...

love.my.babies.lots 10-03-2012 01:20 PM

I had polyhydromnious with my last one. There was no known reason for it and everything turned out fine. Just made life uncomfortable and I had to stay away from salty foods and softdrinks.try not to worry. Chances are that everything is fine.

bumminbeachbabe 10-03-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happymama1 (Post 15764488)

This will be the first ultrasound for this pregnancy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 15764651)
These were my thoughts as well. I hope everything is all right!! :) There is nothing worse than waiting to see if something is wrong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by love.my.babies.lots (Post 15764774)
I had polyhydromnious with my last one. There was no known reason for it and everything turned out fine. Just made life uncomfortable and I had to stay away from salty foods and softdrinks.try not to worry. Chances are that everything is fine.

I didn't know that polyhydramnios could pop up this early in pregnancy. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

canadianbakers 10-03-2012 04:36 PM

:hugs: any uncertainty is scary in pregnancy.
It could be that there's more than one baby in there. It could be excess fluid. It may also be nothing at all.

I'm assuming by the way you worded it that he was measuring your fundal height? Most care providers don't start measuring fundal height until 20 weeks or very close to, as it's not considered as accurate until then. So, it really may be just nothing at all.

momneedssupport 10-03-2012 04:43 PM

Praying everything is fine.

bumminbeachbabe 10-03-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 15765806)
:hugs: any uncertainty is scary in pregnancy.
It could be that there's more than one baby in there. It could be excess fluid. It may also be nothing at all.

I'm assuming by the way you worded it that he was measuring your fundal height? Most care providers don't start measuring fundal height until 20 weeks or very close to, as it's not considered as accurate until then. So, it really may be just nothing at all.

He's a really old school OB. He likes to kinda get a feel for things and get an estimate based on what he observes. My uterus is about 4 finger widths above my pubic bone and he got the heartbeat pretty easily. I'm hoping it nothing. I'm just a bit of a worry wart :blush:

leyash 10-03-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe (Post 15765865)
He's a really old school OB. He likes to kinda get a feel for things and get an estimate based on what he observes. My uterus is about 4 finger widths above my pubic bone and he got the heartbeat pretty easily. I'm hoping it nothing. I'm just a bit of a worry wart :blush:

DDC!

I'm due the first week of May, and my uterus is a good 2ish finger widths above my pubic bone. I'm 9 weeks. My doctor has not said anything about this. I'm assuming you're 3+ weeks further along than me, so I am not seeing that 4 finger widths is really that enlarged. I'm no doctor... I could be wrong. Just thought that might make you feel better.