Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AIO recommendation for big baby/toddler? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450050)

erosissa 10-03-2012 11:52 AM

AIO recommendation for big baby/toddler?

I'm looking to buy some AIOs. My baby is 16 months old and 35 lbs. I just tried a Bitti Tutto on him that's supposed to go up to 44 lbs, but it barely goes on the last snaps and leaves 2 inches of his butt crack showing. Not going to work! He's running/climbing all over the place, but he's still more baby-shaped with big squishy thighs and hasn't really straightened out to a "kid" shape. What do you recommend in an AIO? Or 2IO, snap-in-one, etc.

kelly679 10-03-2012 12:03 PM

Re: AIO recommendation for big baby/toddler?

Itti bittis have a narrow crotch, they do fit my chunk but barely. I like my Thirsties AIO on her, and the tot bots aio. I'm not sure about the absorbency of the tot bots we have only used it once. However a lot of people like them.

Does your chunk fit BG 4.0s? If so the BG elemental or freetimes may be a good choice. Freetimes are on sale right now.

erosissa 10-03-2012 12:07 PM

We don't need a lot of absorbency. He doesn't fill up most diapers, even overnight. I will check out all the ones you mentioned. I don't know how BG's fit. Previously we've been using Mother Ease (way too tight in the leg these days) and various pockets. Quick look at the Freetimes... I'd rather have snaps than Velcro. He can get either off easily, but he's more likely to play with Velcro.

kelly679 10-03-2012 12:18 PM

with you on the velcro! By big baby E JUST learned how to use velcro. I've got to find her some new diaper covers!

toutoute 10-03-2012 12:20 PM

I just brought some large simplex and they are too big for my son. They might fit yours. They are side snapping, so you can adjust waist and thights.

RockinLou 10-03-2012 12:27 PM

Blueberry Basix! The large is big on my 30 pounder with a ton of room for growth

fish3737 10-03-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toutoute (Post 15764478)
I just brought some large simplex and they are too big for my son. They might fit yours. They are side snapping, so you can adjust waist and thights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinLou (Post 15764507)
Blueberry Basix! The large is big on my 30 pounder with a ton of room for growth

The Basix and the Simplex are made by the same company so they have the same footprint.

Either one in a large would be a good choice to try. Simplex has the organic cotton inner. Basix has the microfiber and fleece inner.

My 2 year old nephew is 30+ lbs and this is one of the only AIOs that fits him still.

erosissa 10-03-2012 08:31 PM

Hmm, looks like Basix and Simplex large size is listed as topping out at 35 lbs. That makes me pretty nervous since he's ALREADY 35 lbs.

McDMom 10-03-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erosissa
Hmm, looks like Basix and Simplex large size is listed as topping out at 35 lbs. That makes me pretty nervous since he's ALREADY 35 lbs.

DD is 36 lbs and 37.5 inches. They fit her fine, with no "crack" and two snap rows left.

Teexie 10-03-2012 08:49 PM

I was also going to suggest freetimes. My 18 mo DD is similarly sized (about 3 lbs chunkier :) ), and the 4.0s fit her very well. Lots of room for chunky thighs and belly. We haven't used the freetimes because she is a heavy wetter, but I hear they fit very similar to the 4.0s. Good luck! If you're interested in Flips, they are even roomier. Sounds like you're not interested in pockets, but JIC my favorites for my chunky monkey are Happy Heiny's XL :)

The bitti tuttos were ridiculous on my DD too. I don't know where they're coming up with their weight guidelines. She was all buttcrack :giggle: