Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New to this need help PLEASE! :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450064)

seedymama 10-03-2012 12:06 PM

New to this need help PLEASE! :)

Hi Mama's!

My little boy should be making his grand debut anytime within the next month and need to get on this! The last ultrasound we had estimated his weight at being well over 10 lbs IF we go to our due date. We have another one in 2 weeks and will know more what we are looking with that. So I don't know if I need to be focusing a lot of getting newborn diapering stuff or just move on up? Any advice there??

Also, I am COMPLETELY overwhelmed with my diapering choices. I finally decided on prefolds for the most part now am stuck on covers.....
How many covers will I need?
Which covers do you find the best?
I need to be getting some asap and need some help please!

Also, I have 3 dozen size small prefolds from green mountain diapers....do I need more?

Thanks again ladies!!!:giggle2:

nonipie 10-03-2012 01:42 PM

Re: New to this need help PLEASE! :)

Even a larger newborn would most likely still fit in newborn sizes. Although since those scans are notoriously inaccurate I would not plan a stash around them. Your LO could be only 7-8 lbs at term maybe. I think 3 dozen smalls are plenty. They might be really bulky but should still work on a larger newborn. FWIW my 3 week old is about 9lbs and still in newborn prefolds and covers. I would think 6 covers is a good number to shoot for. Thirsties Duo would be a good option for covers. You could then trifold the prefolds in a larger cover like Flips or stuff into pockets once they are outgrown.

Kabuki24 10-03-2012 01:44 PM

I would just go with a few Thirsties duo size 1 covers and maybe some Rumparooz newborn covers... maybe 6 total. 3 dozen prefolds is enough.

Congrats on your upcoming arrival! I had a 9lb 10oz baby.

Kabuki24 10-03-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie (Post 15764867)
Even a larger newborn would most likely still fit in newborn sizes. Although since those scans are notoriously inaccurate I would not plan a stash around them. Your LO could be only 7-8 lbs at term maybe. I think 3 dozen smalls are plenty. They might be really bulky but should still work on a larger newborn. FWIW my 3 week old is about 9lbs and still in newborn prefolds and covers. I would think 6 covers is a good number to shoot for. Thirsties Duo would be a good option for covers. You could then trifold the prefolds in a larger cover like Flips or stuff into pockets once they are outgrown.

At 39.5 weeks my son was estimated at 8lbs 3oz. He was born at 41 weeks at 9lbs 10oz, so yeah... the late ultrasounds are way off!

Also wanted to add, I didn't CD my newbie right away. He was in newborn size sposies for at least a month!