Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   dh threw away a diaper! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450152)

mars817 10-03-2012 03:17 PM

dh threw away a diaper!

UGH. DH isn't a fan of cd. He wants me to give it up and always puts him in sposies when he changes him. I had him in a first time on the bum bamboo motherease fitted and I guess he pooed. DH changed him while I was out and when I got home he told me he threw it in the trash because it was poo and I had to take care of it. I totally forgot about it till yesterday and he said you didn't take care of it and it went out with the trash on Monday. :banghead:

cher0105 10-03-2012 03:34 PM

Re: dh threw away a diaper!

That sucks. I would be very mad at my hubby if he did that.

mamamarisa 10-03-2012 03:39 PM

maybe you need to talk with him about why you want to cloth diaper and ask him why he doesnt like to, explain to him the cost of the diaper he threw away and that it upsets you. teach him about how to use cloth diapers, that may be part of the problem. if he just wants to throw a diaper on quick and be done, get a stash of something he can use, aplix pocket you prestuff or an aplix aio, tell him you will rinse the diapers when you get back as long as they are in the wetbag. i hope you guys work something out!

Skybaby712 10-03-2012 03:43 PM

What I would do is not buy anymore sposies and like pp said, get a super easy aio with velcro. My DH was all for cloth but we got sposies for my baby shower. If there was one around he would reach for it first.

thealmightyme 10-03-2012 03:52 PM

That would make me buy like 10 more because I would be so angry.

mars817 10-03-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamarisa (Post 15765533)
maybe you need to talk with him about why you want to cloth diaper and ask him why he doesnt like to, explain to him the cost of the diaper he threw away and that it upsets you. teach him about how to use cloth diapers, that may be part of the problem. if he just wants to throw a diaper on quick and be done, get a stash of something he can use, aplix pocket you prestuff or an aplix aio, tell him you will rinse the diapers when you get back as long as they are in the wetbag. i hope you guys work something out!

Yea he really doesn't care :( He did tell me so on that account it is my fault for forgetting but he could have put it somewhere else. I don't mind handling the poo, I just forgot. He knows how to use them, we switched because my son was having utis, but since he has been fine dh doesn't think we need them anymore. Now that I know more I like that he doesn't have a ton of nasty chemicals on him. I like using fitteds, but my mil (watches him while I work) likes pockets so I have a ton of those ready to go, he has not excuse just likes sposies better.

mars817 10-03-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybaby712 (Post 15765555)
What I would do is not buy anymore sposies and like pp said, get a super easy aio with velcro. My DH was all for cloth but we got sposies for my baby shower. If there was one around he would reach for it first.

I have tried aio with velcro, he still doesn't like them and says I take too much time dealing with the diapers...grr..

mars817 10-03-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thealmightyme (Post 15765589)
That would make me buy like 10 more because I would be so angry.

I almost did but I have too many diapers, seriously, I have a problem. I need to sell a ton (a lot are still brand new :blush:).

qsefthuko 10-03-2012 03:59 PM

Dog house anyone. I get he doesn't like cloth. Fine he can use sposies. It is disrespectful to sabotage you though.

waterisntsomething 10-03-2012 04:02 PM

Oh that would make me so mad!! Putting it in the trash was definitely passive aggressive. SO used to put poops he didn't want to deal with in the tub.