Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Recommend a HE washer! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450156)

vjbakke 10-03-2012 03:28 PM

Recommend a HE washer!

We are looking to replace our standard washer in the next few weeks. I think right now I prefer the top loading HE washers. We will not be replacing our non HE dryer. I have no idea what a good washer would be. Our budget is a max of $800.

Thanks

Psychomom 10-03-2012 03:52 PM

Re: Recommend a HE washer!

I'll tell you what NOT to get...it's this one:
http://www.sears.com/kenmore-3.6-cu-...6&blockType=G6
and probably any variation of it. I've owned it for a year now and it's my first HE washer (I had my previous one for 14 years.) We were only in the market for one because we had a flooding accident with our old one, so we didn't spend a lot of time researching and were being cost conscious because of having a lot of repairs needed due to the flood.

From what I can tell, it does a decent job. We didn't spend a ton of money on it so I guess it's one of those you get what you pay for situations. I think it's a little loud compared to other HEs. My biggest complaint is that sometimes...just sometimes...something comes out half dry. I am not naive enough to believe that the spin cycle is so awesome that is spun 1 article of clothing half dry. I believe it's just not being washed. Stuff does come out clean, so that's why I said it did a decent job, but I can't help but think the clothes still are really dirty. They do smell good. :headscratch:

We bought the dryer that accompanies it about a month later and that really does work well. Been very happy with that.

Dancy Baby 10-03-2012 03:55 PM

We just got an LG Toploader and I love it! I can't remember the model but its the one that almost the most pricey :) it doesn't have the steam clean option.

*~Melissa~* 10-03-2012 04:15 PM

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio and love it!

janellenowitzke 10-03-2012 07:16 PM

Samsung

CarrieMF 10-03-2012 07:44 PM

We have a LG Waveforce. That thing is GIANT! We are a family of 5 & I can do our laundry in 3 loads for an entire week. Plus it sings when it's done.lol

dressagemom 10-03-2012 08:14 PM

We have an LG. Can't remember at the moment what variety, but I LOVE it! It is very efficient at cleaning our clothes, has a water plus button that is great for washing cloth diapers, and has a delayed cycle button that I adore.

~happy2Bamommy~ 10-03-2012 08:19 PM

I have a Fisher Paykel.

I flippin' adore it.

Bought it as a scratch and dent but I think it's normal price is around what you have to spend.

I love that with the touch of a button I can take it from an HE to a machine that fills totally up with water in order to deep clean.

It blows my $1,200 FL Whirlpool away.

KelseyH 10-03-2012 08:35 PM

Whirlpool Duet Steam! We have the WFW9750WW & matching dryer. Not sure if that's specific to our year, but that's the model # I remember from doing research. :)

They are about two years old now and these machines are serious workhorses! I think you can put something like 18 pairs of jeans in the washer, but I've also done tiny delicates cycles and it handles both wonderfully. I LOVE the FanFresh and steam technology on the washer. There are tons of helpful cycle options for washing diapers, too, if that's part of your criteria.

Anyway.. They've done at least one load per day since day one and they are still going strong. We just serviced the washer drain pump screen ourselves (5 minutes, literally) and every once in a while stick the vacuum hose down the lint catcher on the dryer. There have been no problems, needed no servicing, nothing. They retail for around $1100-$1200 apiece but I found them on sale at Lowe's and got both machines PLUS two pedestals for $1100. If you look around you can find a good deal.

venia 10-03-2012 09:40 PM

Well ours is not technically HE, but its energy star and low water use with the "precise fill" option: GE Adora

Absolutely love it! Its huge, works great, and it fairly quiet. We had an HE front loading LG that I hated because of the moldy/stink, repair costs, and tiny capacity. Where I used to need to run four loads for my family, I now only run two because it fits so much. I also love being able to open it mid-cycle too to pop in an extra sock that was hiding from me. I adore my Adora!!! (and the matching dryer too)