Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Heartbeat? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450179)

dagmomma 10-03-2012 05:02 PM

Heartbeat?

Had an u/s at 6 weeks baby was there heartbeat was great.

At my 11 wk appt today Dr could not find heartbeat on dobbler but then said he thinks he heres it but it was behind my placenta.

He then kept saying yeah thats it. I am not sure how convinced I was that he heard it. He then said that if we were at his other office he would have sent me for u/s just to check things out. The office I had my appt at today they did not have u/s. (it is 45 minutes closer to my house,,,his other office is about 1:30 away).

My next appt is in 4 weeks and at the same place. He said I will get an u/s at 18 wks. When I asked "should I be worried?" He told me "I should be fine."

Did anyone not here baby's heartbeat during a visit and everything turn out fine?

I do trust this Dr. I also know there are some things he would not be able to control. I guess I am just worried and on edge bc I am not sure what to prepare myself for.

khbordelon 10-03-2012 05:20 PM

Re: Heartbeat?

If your doctor siad not to worry, I wouldn't worry too much. 11 weeks can be early to find a heartbeat with a doppler, especially if you have an anterior placenta (placenta in front). Maybe you could have your next appointment moved to the place that has u/s and if he can't find it again, have a u/s then.
DD#1 and this baby both had anterior placentas and they couldn't get their hb on doppler, I had to have u/s to check.

dagmomma 10-03-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khbordelon (Post 15765987)
If your doctor siad not to worry, I wouldn't worry too much. 11 weeks can be early to find a heartbeat with a doppler, especially if you have an anterior placenta (placenta in front). Maybe you could have your next appointment moved to the place that has u/s and if he can't find it again, have a u/s then.
DD#1 and this baby both had anterior placentas and they couldn't get their hb on doppler, I had to have u/s to check.

I was thinking about changing it. Thanks for the advice bc now I thnk I will def change it. He did say I had an anterior placenta.

Thank you

Ellasundies 10-03-2012 05:33 PM

I've had that happen to me twice. With dd#2 I was with an OB who told me he suspected miscarriage because he couldn't pick up the HB in the 30 sec's of his attempted 'looking'. I had a lot of crying and then an US a few hours later that indicated everything was fine and they probably couldn't pick up the HB because baby was moving so much.

With dd#3 it happened again but with a MW this time who spent a good 5 min's looking and searching and after some nail bitting she finally found it for 1 second and then baby moved again and it was gone.

I personally wouldn't worry about it and wouldn't have an US unless they couldn't find the HB at your next appointment as well as this past one. I know it's hard but there probably really is nothing to worry about.

LandSalm0n 10-03-2012 05:38 PM

I have an anterior placenta and the doctor couldn't find the heart beat at 10 weeks. Don't worry.

dncnshu00 10-03-2012 06:56 PM

I had the exact same thing happen with DD #2. Saw her strong heartbeat on a u/s at 6 weeks. No heartbeat on doppler at both my 8 and 12 week appointments. That's still very early to be picking it up with doppler. At my 16 week appointment it was back and strong as ever. If your doc didn't seem concerned then I wouldn't be either.

JennTheMomma 10-03-2012 08:41 PM

It can be hard to hear the heartbeat with an anterior placenta, so I wouldn't really worry right now if you have no other signs of a complication. 11 weeks is also early even without an anterior placenta.

bezbabe 10-03-2012 11:46 PM

my mw couldn't find this baby's hb at like 12 1/2 wks i think? she wasn't worried but i was so i went back the next week and when she still couldn't find it, they booked me in for an u/s the next day. baby was just fine and the placenta was at the back/top. even at my next appt after that, they had to get a different doppler to hear it. i'm not even that fluffy (like i'm 170 lbs now at 30 weeks) so we can't figure out why it was so hard to find all those times. but i can reassure you that he is just fine in there though...lol...i've had 3 miscarriages so it sure freaked me out but they were really good about making me feel better and working it out. i would totally move your next appt to the office with the u/s if it would help you feel better. or just call the doc and see if you can come in for a quickie (not THAT kind of quickie!) before your next appt to check again.

hohaas 10-04-2012 03:25 AM

Don't worry (too much) if your dr can't pick it up. It has varied w all of my preg. DD1 we heard it at 8 wks, DD2 was 10 wks, DD3 10 wks, and DD4 12 wks. Position of baby and placenta can make a diff on when you can pick it up. I know it can make you nervous though when they don't! Hang in there mama!

canadianbakers 10-04-2012 08:49 AM

More :hugs:

An anterior placenta could definitely be causing it all. Definitely a good idea to change your next appt to the office with u/s, just to be sure.