Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Gerber Goodstart or Enfamil Gentlease? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450196)

laura1982 10-03-2012 06:18 PM

Gerber Goodstart or Enfamil Gentlease?

Which is a better brand for coupons/deals-- Gerber or Enfamil? My doc is letting us switch from a pricey hypoallergenic to either Gerber Goodstart or Enfamil Gentlease. I think I have seen more coupons for Enfamil, but would love to know if anyone else decided between these?

ecomama90 10-06-2012 01:09 AM

Re: Gerber Goodstart or Enfamil Gentlease?

My DD had a rough time with colic for the first couple months. We tried everything and the only thing that ended up working for us was Enfamil Gentlease or Enfamil Lactose Free. I find that I don't get coupons often but when I do it's pretty good. I believe I got one for $6 off a couple months ago. Other than that I just trade coupons with local ladies for it. We buy concentrate for her and a box of it is between $46 and $49. 12 cans with 12oz so it makes about 24oz of formula. Now that she's started solids we go through a box every 1.5 - 2 weeks. She's never been a big eater. I've actually never seen coupons for Gerber but maybe that's because I'm in Canada?

angelalaws09 11-09-2012 10:33 AM

enfamil FOR SURE!!! I get TONS of coupons and checks from them and only a few from Gerber. Plus, most of my friends who breastfeed give me their enfamil checks to us. Good luck with the switch. My 8 month old is on a hypoallergenic formula and we have tried the gerber good start gentle, gerber good start sooth and enfamil gentlease with no luck iunfortunately. His formula is costing us $200 a month! ahhhhhh

expaik 11-09-2012 11:36 AM

If any of you ladies can use expired Enfamil checks, please PM me!

ErinJenna 11-18-2012 08:17 AM

We've had a great experience with the Gentlease, my LO was gassy and constipated from the time he came home from the hospital to the DAY that we switched to the Gentlease (he was on Similac from the hospital). I swear by the stuff now!

mayasmomma 11-19-2012 05:50 PM

You'll have to figure it out with your baby! I'd say buy the 12oz smaller jars of each OR - you could always ask for some from the Dr.'s office - they always have tons of formula hanging around. We went trial by error. Gentlease was a nightmare on my baby. Actually, any Enfamil or Similac was just awful - caused her to scream and wail in pain. We tried Gerber on someone's suggestion and all of a sudden we had a whole new happy (pain free) baby. I always suggest Gerber and if I ever have to formula feed again I'd go with Gerber. Good luck!

Jomama521 12-08-2012 07:05 AM

We used both and I preferred the Gerber but never got coupons for it. The Gentlease seemed to make very stinky diapers for my lo. Had to switch to Similac sensitive later due to gas.

ans7 12-10-2012 08:04 PM

I got great deals on Gerber Goodstart Gentle by stacking a manufacturer's coupon with a store coupon and then you can use the Gerber checks on top of that. I also bought a bunch off craigslist. I recently found out though that the third ingredient in the Gerber Gentle is Corn maltodextrin which is corn syrup solids and that didn't sit well with me so we're switching. Not sure about Enfamil's ingredients but thought I'd mention it.

MuntryMomma 12-11-2012 01:24 PM

We started on Good Start Gentle ... did a short time on Gentlease but we're totally thriving on GS Soothe! Personally, I've not seen nor rec'd any coupons (thus far) for GS but found one online coupon for Gentlease which I was able to print out and use. I think it was for $5 off one can.

cuddlebunny_24 12-18-2012 08:33 AM

I have never used the gentlease formula, however we have dealt with the gerber formulas. Short and sweet we were VERY unhappy with them. My oldest had no problem when he was on similac (he got it through wic) and then they changed to gerber and he had nothing but problems. He was losing weight and not wanting to eat, was gassy and fussy all the time. So they changed him to soy and that didn't help. We ended up on Enfamil Neutramegin which did help the situation, but I think if he was left on similac he would have been fine. My youngest went onto enfamil when he stopped nursing, but it was only a couple of months before he went on milk. We did not have any problems with enfamil other than the fact that he did not like the taste of it, but that was formula in general. I would have continues nursing if I could, but had to stop. My personal preference is basically anything but gerber, but that is because I have had bad experiences with it. Of course every child is different so it might be worth a shot for you to try it with your little one.