Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Casseroles without veggies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450225)

janellenowitzke 10-03-2012 07:33 PM

Casseroles without veggies

My hubby and I love casseroles but aren't big on veggies. Any great recipes to share? Thanks!

madebymommy 10-03-2012 07:47 PM

Ham and swiss cheese casserole! The only veggies in it are diced onion and green pepper.

Ingredients
A small cooked ham, diced into cubes
16oz of swiss cheese, shredded
Diced onion
Diced green pepper
1 can of cream of mushroom soup, prepared with milk
Egg noodles

Heat up the soup and put the green pepper and onion in. Cook until they soften. Cook the egg noodles, drain and then layer in a 9x13 dish - noodles, ham, soup mixture and cheese. I usually do 2 layers in this.order. cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Stir together and serve!

If you don't like veggies you could probably omit them, but I think they give it now flavor and they are so soft when its done cooking, you don't even notice them!

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 10-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madebymommy
Ham and swiss cheese casserole! The only veggies in it are diced onion and green pepper.

Ingredients
A small cooked ham, diced into cubes
16oz of swiss cheese, shredded
Diced onion
Diced green pepper
1 can of cream of mushroom soup, prepared with milk
Egg noodles

Heat up the soup and put the green pepper and onion in. Cook until they soften. Cook the egg noodles, drain and then layer in a 9x13 dish - noodles, ham, soup mixture and cheese. I usually do 2 layers in this.order. cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Stir together and serve!

If you don't like veggies you could probably omit them, but I think they give it now flavor and they are so soft when its done cooking, you don't even notice them!

Yum! That would be good with shredded potatoes instead of noodles also

leyash 10-04-2012 02:44 PM

Re: Casseroles without veggies

Breakfast casserole:

Take canned biscuits, and smash them in the bottom of a baking pan. Flat. Smash.

Cook them until they are just about done. From there, add scrambled (yes, already scrambled) eggs, and some cheese. You can also add a little bacon, breakfast sausage, or even potatoes for some extra flavor. I also add onions, and picante sauce to mine.

leyash 10-04-2012 02:45 PM

Also, a cheap(ish) casserole...

Make spaghetti noodles, or ziti. Then, put them in the bottom of a casserole dish. From there, add spaghetti sauce, and chicken nuggets (any kind of breaded chicken, really). Then, put some white cheese on top (whatever you prefer - mozzerella, parmesan, etc.). It's chicken parmesan! :)

janellenowitzke 10-04-2012 05:15 PM

Thanks! These sound delicious!

Patchworktiner 10-04-2012 05:23 PM

Is it a texture or flavor thing? For texture, you can just shred up veggies. They basically melt in the mix.

JeDeeLenae 10-04-2012 05:24 PM

I would just take any casserole and take out the veggies. My favorite has no name.

Layer of boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut up if you want)
Layer of broccoli (can be omitted)
Layer of cream of chicken/mushroom soup
Layer of shredded cheese
Layer of crushed up corn flakes

It is my absolute favorite!!! Sprinkle on some salt if you want.

The great thing about it is the broccoli is smothered in cheese and cream of whatever so it's really good and I think anyone will eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mama_to_DJM 10-04-2012 05:47 PM

I don't really like veggies in casseroles either. If you go to my blog (below) you can click on Recipe Index at the top, then you'll see a Casserole section on the list. There are several good ones there. :)