Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DD lost her binky. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450283)

Tina5834 10-03-2012 10:38 PM

She turned 2 in August. She's only been using it at night and nap time since her bday. Well, she didn't give it to use this morning so I assumed it was in bed. It's not! She's been screaming for it for 30 minutes. She doesn't want me to hold her. She only wants the binky. Should I go buy a new one or what?!

Tina5834 10-03-2012 10:44 PM

As of this minute she is passed out sleeping on the floor. I feel horrible!

keen1981 10-03-2012 10:54 PM

Perfect time to wean. IMO. It'll be rough for a couple days. But then it's fine.

NiNi 10-03-2012 10:56 PM

Poor babe. See how she gets through tonight. And if you're okay with weaning, when she asks for it tomorrow maybe you can say "oh it's lost and you're a big girl who can do without it right!"

My son was bink obsessed. Seriously. I cut all the tips off them. He told me they were broken and broken things go in the trash. No tears no nothing.

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos :)

hishouseholdsix 10-03-2012 11:02 PM

Re: DD lost her binky.

Maybe it's a good time to try and wean her from the bink? Both of mine still have binkies and I'm wondering when will be a good time for me to try and get them away from mine. Of course I have like 57 binkies at my house, so they always know that all they have to do is ask for one and I have more, lol. How long were you thinking about letting her keep it? I'm always wondering how other people see the binky after age two thing.

Tina5834 10-03-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiNi
Poor babe. See how she gets through tonight. And if you're okay with weaning, when she asks for it tomorrow maybe you can say "oh it's lost and you're a big girl who can do without it right!"

My son was bink obsessed. Seriously. I cut all the tips off them. He told me they were broken and broken things go in the trash. No tears no nothing.

Ya! When she finds a broken binky she will throw it out! We told her that if he lost this one she wouldn't have anymore. Ugh! This is why I hate e binky so much!

NiNi 10-03-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

Ya! When she finds a broken binky she will throw it out! We told her that if he lost this one she wouldn't have anymore. Ugh! This is why I hate e binky so much!

If you're ready for them to go just hold tight tomorrow. Shell wean with no troubles.

And worst comes to worst? You can buy another ;)

irishmama2 10-03-2012 11:08 PM

Re: DD lost her binky.

This happened to dd snd we decided it was the perfect time to wean. 5 yes 5 days later she came waltzing into the kitchen with a bink I hadn't seen in months in her mouth. She was so thrilled with herself and refused to put it down after that. Since then 3 more have resurfaced......

TonyKariTony 10-03-2012 11:11 PM

Poor Baby!!! My son just turned 2 today and he also has binky obsession... He knows he is only allowed to have it for his nap & bed time, but that doesn't stop him from asking & every once in awhile he tries to steal it from us... :giggle2:

Tina5834 10-03-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishmama2
This happened to dd snd we decided it was the perfect time to wean. 5 yes 5 days later she came waltzing into the kitchen with a bink I hadn't seen in months in her mouth. She was so thrilled with herself and refused to put it down after that. Since then 3 more have resurfaced......

I'm guessing this will happen to us! We had a million binks and most disappeared!