Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cover suggestions for a large 2 year old? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450316)

scamara 10-04-2012 04:38 AM

Cover suggestions for a large 2 year old?

We are PLing and doing really well during the day. We have an assortment of trainers and panties that we use, but none are absorbent enough for night. We have been using disposables, but I'm sick if buying them. I like using hemp at night and I have plenty. Any suggestions on a cover large enough for a chunky 2 year old. She is about 30 pounds, but has really chunky thighs and rear. I put a Thirsties Duo size 2 on her last night and barely got it to close. It will probably be off when I get her out if bed this morning...

ServingHim 10-04-2012 05:01 AM

Re: Cover suggestions for a large 2 year old?

Capri size 2 are nice and roomy. I use them at night on my 4 yr old and he has growing room! The velco is best since you can adjust it better IMO. Flips are pretty roomy too.

scamara 10-04-2012 05:46 AM

Thanks! I haven't tried the Capri covers yet. We have flips, but they don't fit her well anymore because of her belly:(

ServingHim 10-04-2012 05:50 AM

The Capris are bigger than the flips so they should work. :)

Xanders 10-04-2012 06:09 AM

Try Thirsties or Bummis L. They are roomy. I'd personally get something she can pull up & down overnight since she's so close to pling. That way she can use the potty overnight if she has to.

foggierbard9 10-04-2012 06:16 AM

I was going to suggest Bummis in a L. My 2 yr old DD can fit a Bummis in M with some room still...but she is like 33 inches and 28lbs.

revolekim 10-04-2012 08:07 AM

If you want an OS option, Blueberry Coveralls are my favorite for my 37-38 lb 2-year-old.

scamara 10-04-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revolekim
If you want an OS option, Blueberry Coveralls are my favorite for my 37-38 lb 2-year-old.

Good to know!

scamara 10-04-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanders
Try Thirsties or Bummis L. They are roomy. I'd personally get something she can pull up & down overnight since she's so close to pling. That way she can use the potty overnight if she has to.

What would you suggest for pulling up and down. We had so many leaks in pockets that we went back to pfs and covers. I've never tried a AIO at night. I got two Simplex dipes for her to pull up and down since they are side-snapping. Does anyone know how those do for night? I could just put a hemp doubler in there.

Kabuki24 10-04-2012 09:10 AM

Bummis Pull ups. They are cheap and sound just like what you would need.