Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cramps, back pain, generally uncomfortable. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450328)

leyash 10-04-2012 06:39 AM

Cramps, back pain, generally uncomfortable.

I didn't think all of this was supposed to happen this early. I'm just over 9 weeks. I'm having cramp like pain - not bad, just uncomfortable. Also, lower back pain. The pain feels like it goes into my thighs/legs. It's been going since lastnight. I took some tylenol after trying to fall asleep for 2 hours without being able to. That helped, took the pain almost completely away, and I was able to sleep.

I thought it might have been from constipation/pressure. I have not REALLY gone to the bathroom good in over a week. I went a little yesterday, and am hoping to REALLY push the fluids today and get some more out (TMI, sorry)... but the tylenol wouldn't likely help if that was the cause, right? I can't REALLY say for sure that it is uterine cramping that I'm feeling. Just a general uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen.

eco-mum 10-04-2012 09:33 PM

Well, first I want to say that I had cramps and some slight lower back pain that early on with this pregnancy. Second I want to say (in the nicest way possible!) try to stop worrying! With your recent posts you seem to be really worrying about this pregnancy but you just need to stay calm and relaxed :hugs: Unless you're having bright red blood or severe pains you are most likely fine :goodvibes:

leyash 10-04-2012 09:52 PM

Re: Cramps, back pain, generally uncomfortable.

Drinking some apple juice. Will THAT make me poop? Geez.

And yes, I need to calm down. I'm not sure why I'm SO worried. The loss in April has me really scared. And again, this is our last... so if something happens, ergh. I don't know. I want this baby so bad, and I just want everything to be okay. :(

mommycass 10-05-2012 06:28 AM

You can try hot tea or soup to get your bowels moving.
I think that the best thing I did during the beginning of my pregnancy after miscarriage was to stay off diaperswappers. It can be a good place of discussion and support but with many stories of miscarriage or just issues in general(even the smallest ones) made me worry more. I had never thought of second trimester miscarriages until diaperswappers. It would be a great place for support but honestly its just made me worry so much more, to the point where i had a dream I delivered early and baby didn't make it. I've also had dreams of delivering a healthy fullterm baby and choose to focus on those rather than the other making me worry. I honestly didn't choose to accept this pregnancy until I was in my second trimester. It was hard the first trimester, but now that I'm 22 wks, I take it day by day.
My advice is to stay positive and don't try to relate every little thing to possible miscarriage symptoms. Make sure your giving baby a peaceful body to grow and nourish in. There are no textbook pregnancies, every women and pregnancy are different. Try to take delight in the baby you've been blessed with. And don't see this as your last just yet. That just adds pressure.Take it slow, your family can always decide on that later.
:hugs: to you!

mommycass 10-05-2012 06:28 AM

DP:)

canadianbakers 10-05-2012 07:08 AM

:hugs: mama. I agree, all this stressing is not good for you or that Bean. And I know, it's easier said than done to relax.

Cramping can be normal, for so many different reasons. As long as it's not really painful, and there's no spotting or bleeding accompanying it, it's more than likely nothing to worry about.
For the constipation - drink lots and lots and lots of water. LOTS. :giggle: Eat some bran (muffins, cereal, etc), drink/eat warm liquids. A cup of coffee can help, too, but I don't know how you're feeling about drinking coffee while pregnant.

leyash 10-05-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 15772607)
:hugs: mama. I agree, all this stressing is not good for you or that Bean. And I know, it's easier said than done to relax.

Cramping can be normal, for so many different reasons. As long as it's not really painful, and there's no spotting or bleeding accompanying it, it's more than likely nothing to worry about.
For the constipation - drink lots and lots and lots of water. LOTS. :giggle: Eat some bran (muffins, cereal, etc), drink/eat warm liquids. A cup of coffee can help, too, but I don't know how you're feeling about drinking coffee while pregnant.

I drank almost a gallon of water yesterday.

I had a cup of coffee this morning. Then I had a bottle of apple juice.

I'm gonna go chug some more water and hope that something happens in the next day or so.

I was thinking, though.... I haven't been holding down a lot of the food that I've been taking in (thank you, morning sickness), so maybe there's just nothing in there? I'm not extremely gassy, or in pain... just feel a general uncomfortable feeling in my lower belly.

leyash 10-05-2012 11:54 AM

Thank you guys for the advice. Really have to start taking it easy, and stop stressing.

EmilytheStrange 10-05-2012 02:12 PM

my lower belly has been uncomfortable this entire pregnancy and I have very regular movements (sorry!)

so, I think it's just something about this pregnancy and possibly yours as well.

I had to get out the snoogle at 5-6 weeks because my stomach feels bad with any pressure. My toddler has the pointiest of limbs too, so ugh.. all day long. I fit in all my pre-preggo clothes, but waist buttons and belts feel SO bad.

I don't know what it is, but if it makes you feel better, my abdomen feels it too and it's not bowel related.

canadianbakers 10-05-2012 03:06 PM

If you've got lots of :puke: with m/s, that could definitely lead to less being kept in and thus less waste needing to be passed!