Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   RSVP? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450360)

gingerpeachee 10-04-2012 09:06 AM

RSVP?

We're having a birthday party for my son at a local kiddie spot. I sent out 18 invitations. Today is the RSVP date. I've gotten 6 phone calls so far. Are most of the kids not coming or do lots of kids show up without RSVPing?

Tina5834 10-04-2012 09:19 AM

No one RSVPs anymore! People that RSVP don't come and people that don't RSVP do come! It's annoying!

kushie tushie 10-04-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette
No one RSVPs anymore! People that RSVP don't come and people that don't RSVP do come! It's annoying!

Yup, people are just extremely rude now a days. Most people dont have basic manners.

I find it so rude. You need to know how many kids are coming and have no clue. Do you by for the 6 kids you know are coming and risk not having enough or do you buy extra just in case and then risk having a ton of extra and spending too much. Good luck with the party!

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Tina5834 10-04-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Yup, people are just extremely rude now a days. Most people dont have basic manners.

I find it so rude. You need to know how many kids are coming and have no clue. Do you by for the 6 kids you know are coming and risk not having enough or do you buy extra just in case and then risk having a ton of extra and spending too much. Good luck with the party!

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

This is why I make tons of food! Better safe then sorry bits its so freaking ride!

My SIL bought these water bottle cup things and filled them will snacks and treats. She made 25 and 10 kids showed up! What a waste! They ALL Rsvp'd

canadianbakers 10-04-2012 10:36 AM

Re: RSVP?

I :gah: when it comes to parties and RSVPs. Many parents here actually do RSVP still, which is wonderful, but then I just know a couple won't and will still show up - so I still have to have everything ready (treats, loots bags, etc) for all the invited kids, unless we happen to have some that say they can't come. Generally those ones are right, lol.

JennTheMomma 10-04-2012 10:59 AM

It seems most people don't RSVP. So unless I got a no from someone, I always assume they'll come. So if I invited 20 people and no one said no, then I assume 20 people and make enough for that. I always RSVP or say no.

L&A'smommy 10-04-2012 11:57 AM

Even those who RSVP might not show up. We had this happen Saturday. I'm donating a ton of goodie bags to our local pedi cancer foundation now.

EmilytheStrange 10-04-2012 01:42 PM

Most people don't RSVP and it's incredibly rude.

That being said, we did the facebook invite for DD's birthday party and all but 1 person RSVP'd, so that was impressive. The person who didn't RSVP was considered a 'no' and they did not show up.

trying4more 10-04-2012 02:18 PM

We just had this problem.
DD's bday party was at a pizza joint and about 4 kids RSVP'd.
About 20 kids showed up!
I was happy for DD that people came through, but I was irritated because I was constantly ordering more and more pizzas!

BESMama 10-04-2012 02:20 PM

I wouldn't assume the non-RSVPers are coming or not. I always send invites via Evite so I can resend repeated reminders until people respond.

It's probably rude for me to harass them, but it's equally rude for them not to respond.