Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mama's with nose piercing.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450361)

kbarsotti 10-04-2012 09:19 AM

Mama's with nose piercing....

Do any of you have a bump? If you did has it gone away? I have a bump by my hole and its driving me crazy. I just want it to go away. I am so sad!

MothyrGrimm 10-04-2012 09:29 AM

Re: Mama's with nose piercing....

I did for a little bit and mine went away. I haven't had any problems at all just mine healed a little funny so hurts super bad to take it out. So mine just stays in forever. lol

How long ago did you get it pierced?

carriek38 10-04-2012 09:36 AM

Some people generate more scar tissue than others...I had mine pierced briefly (I took it out after 3 mos b/c it hadn't healed properly) & I still have a little bump--10 yrs later. But I also have bumps where my earring holes are, too, & a small one where my tongue ring is. The tongue ring been the least troublesome of my piercings, TBH.

kbarsotti 10-04-2012 09:38 AM

The end of July. It just looks silly! I think maybe my bar might be a little long it never really sits close to my nose. It pokes out a little bit. I have wanted it done forever and now I am hoping this wont be the end result.

It almost looks like a zit... Ugh.

Fairycat 10-04-2012 09:38 AM

Look up keloids, that is most likely what you have. Salt water soaks can really help 1/8th tsp of noniodised sea salt in 8 oz warm water, don't use too much salt. You can put you nose in a cup of the water or soak cotton balls in the solution and leave it on a minute or two, three times a day usually does the trick. They are pretty common with nose piercings, but will tend to go away if treated.

My nook hates me.

kbarsotti 10-04-2012 09:40 AM

So maybe I was making the mistake of using iodized salt?? I thought this is what I was supposed to use. :banghead:

Fairycat 10-04-2012 09:45 AM

Depending where you were pierced most piercers start with longer or bigger jewelry to allow for swelling. A shorter piece will sit better. Also not every style of jewelry works for everyone. Straight earring styles fall out but are easy to remove, but tend to poke out, bones which I suspect poster above has are evil to get out, but tend to stay in better, screws tend to stay the flatest and in the best but are horrible sometimes to get in, L shaped bars for me are the best, but some people I know disagreed. I suggest going and getting something shorter to fix the issue.

Fairycat 10-04-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbarsotti (Post 15768463)
So maybe I was making the mistake of using iodized salt?? I thought this is what I was supposed to use. :banghead:

Yeah, every piercer I know says to avoid iodized salt. Also people tend to use too much salt and soak too often which can also make things worse.

danimdel 10-04-2012 09:57 AM

I don't have a bump, and don't remember having one but it is almost 13 years old so pretty much just part of me. I do remember getting a "zit" around the hole about a month after I got it and I eventually got annoyed and popped it. I know...stupid, but it never came back lol! I was young. Hopefully it will heal with more time for you!

Leah52 10-04-2012 10:14 AM

I had a bump on and off for several months after getting mine done. It was gone within a couple of weeks after I got a bioplast screw.