Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   quick and easy lunch ideas for toddler (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450397)

Kmccall08 10-04-2012 11:48 AM

quick and easy lunch ideas for toddler

need ideas :D

CMamma 10-04-2012 04:16 PM

Re: quick and easy lunch ideas for toddler

Does your kiddo have any special likes/dislikes? Just curious before I toss out foods that may not work for you.

I can say that the way things look have a lot to do with my kids eating it or not. I often make salads or snacks look like something fun & it seems to have a better chance of getting consumed. Like a salad that looks like a forest with grass, treas, sky... Ants or ladybugs on a log, anything that resembles a pizza works for my youngest.

KelseyH 10-04-2012 04:29 PM

Whatever you are having for lunch!

I read French Kids Eat Everything by Karen LeBillon when DS was 9-10 months and it totally changed the way we fed him. :)

leyash 10-04-2012 04:29 PM

Croissants with ham and cheese on them. Mmm. Super easy.
A veggie platter. My kids eat fruit/veggie/cheese platters for meals all the time.

Noodles with parmesan cheese & seasonings. Yummy, and easy.

Jlg325j 10-04-2012 08:00 PM

Great ideas!

Mummandherboys 10-05-2012 07:25 PM

My kids love almond butter and jelly toast or sandwiches....grilled cheese, noodles and parmesan... and I try to serve everything with fruit and/or veggies of some kind.
We also do smoothies and I always add something green in with the fruits/yogurt/etc! ;)

krispy79 10-05-2012 11:04 PM

Once a week We have cheese quesadillas with bean dip, garlic bread with marinara, spring rolls (I premake these and freeze), and leftovers. We always serve with a fruit and vegetable. Other days we have a container with 4 sections filled and ready to eat in the fridge. My kids love cucumbers, tomatoes, edamame, and cooked cauliflower so we keep it ready to go. Each box, like a bento box, has a fruit, a veggie, cheese, and grain. Some days I just let them pick at the boxes for a while instead of serving an actual lunch.
Other things we enjoy at lunch are "meatballs",roll ups (good way for me to get spinach in) or bread less sandwiches, pb&j cut into bite sized squares, and homemade vegetable soup.
While I think kids should eat what we eat, at lunch they do because I eat what they eat. Toddlers always prefer things that seem more like a snack or that are cut into little bits. We have a wavy knife and I always use it to cut cheese or carrot sticks, cucumber slices, etc.