Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Geez kids can be harsh (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450413)

kai_e 10-04-2012 11:22 AM

Geez kids can be harsh

even when their intentions are good. Every Wed DS1's preschool does a "Mommy/Daddy is special because" activity - they give a reason and then the teachers help them write it out nicely.

So yesterday I pulled the sheet out of his take home folder and it said:

Mommy is special because her legs are spiky like a dinosaur.

Dude, I know I need to shave - cut me a break. :(

Kiliki 10-04-2012 11:24 AM

Re: Geez kids can be harsh

ROFL that is hilarious.

My son will come over and rub my bare leg and then say "mom, do you have spikes on you?" AHAHAHAHA I thought he was the only one.

keonli 10-04-2012 11:25 AM

:giggle2:

DS just learned a new way to write the number five. It goes: "Line for a hat, straight down, and fat belly." His teacher told me that he quipped up "Fat belly just like my mommy!" Thankfully, I am pregnant and have a valid excuse.

But we can all relate to being hairy. I hadn't shaved my pits in a while, and I was lying down with my arms up. DS started touching my arm pits and he said "this is my new kitty." LOL

canadianbakers 10-04-2012 11:41 AM

:giggle2: I bet he gave the teacher a reason to giggle for the rest of her day!

doulamomma 10-04-2012 12:08 PM

Lol. Thats awesome

Sent from my droid

Aubrey<3Gavin 10-04-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kai_e (Post 15768989)
even when their intentions are good. Every Wed DS1's preschool does a "Mommy/Daddy is special because" activity - they give a reason and then the teachers help them write it out nicely.

So yesterday I pulled the sheet out of his take home folder and it said:

Mommy is special because her legs are spiky like a dinosaur.

Dude, I know I need to shave - cut me a break. :(

I hope you don't mind that I am laughing hysterically about this. As in, almost spit out my drink! :roflmbo:

Also, that is a great simile! :giggle2:

Fashionably Green Baby 10-04-2012 12:13 PM

:giggle2: My DS will just rub my leg up and down, he loves the little prickles I guess. I have a callous on the top of my foot from always sitting on the carpet on top of my knees and DS saw it the other day and got all concerned about my Owie. I hate that thing and now he is pointing it out :facepalm:

Bhavana 10-04-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keonli (Post 15769011)
:giggle2:
But we can all relate to being hairy. I hadn't shaved my pits in a while, and I was lying down with my arms up. DS started touching my arm pits and he said "this is my new kitty." LOL

ROFL big time!

Oh yeah, more hairy than usual during pregnancy.

EmilytheStrange 10-04-2012 02:34 PM

I usually don't think much that people post as being funny are actually all that funny.

but the spikes and the kitties have me seriously laughing out loud.

I am a chronic every day shaver (except today, of course) and now I want to see if I can grow out my leg hair and get my child to pet me.. lol

kai_e 10-04-2012 02:36 PM

I can laugh about it now. The kid really loves dinosaurs, so I'm sure he thought it was really cool how apparently my hair feels like a stegosaurus scales.

The sheet will probably stay on the fridge until he is 18.